Lock 24 Seriously Damaged

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, you guys are a pretty funny. Are you and Art friends or not? I can never tell from your threads whether you actually like or hate each other. :)

Yeah, it's pretty easy to get addicted to diving forums, isn't it? :) SB has a good sampling of divers from all over the place so it's different than some of the other forums.

DeepBound:
I dove at lock 24 west of Morrisburg yesterday and it appears that the lock was damaged with broken off peices of wood knocked all over. Has anyone been there lately and can confirm this?

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o146/DeepBound/Lock24April2007/?action=view&current=MOV00708.flv
W-T-F was that video.... I'm dizzy now. Are you sure you didn't steal it from "The Blair Witch Project" ?? That's copyright infringement! :rofl3:

Lock 24 is not so much "damaged", but more blown up. I scootered it 4 years ago. Interesting dive, ripping current, but there was nothing but rubble left.

se2schul:
W-T-F was that video.... I'm dizzy now. Are you sure you didn't steal it from "The Blair Witch Project" ?? That's copyright infringement! :rofl3:

Lock 24 is not so much "damaged", but more blown up. I scootered it 4 years ago. Interesting dive, ripping current, but there was nothing but rubble left.

Oh.. I get it. I was wondering how Art caused so much destruction on his own :D

It seems like the strip of land that used to separate the old canal from the rest of the river was completely removed. But at the Morrisburg end of the canal, it still has that strip of land, so you can still see the old canal. Do you know how far you have to drift to get to intact canal? Does this make any sense? I drifted 1km to loyalist park but there still didn't seem to be an south side to the canal.. it was part of the modern shipping channel.

The video is meant to give the viewer an impression of the whirlwind current and utter destruction at the dive site :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom