Gen San/Davao Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

partridge:
and remember finals are coming up soon.

and Professor Samson will be offering individual after-school cram sessions... :11:

:joke:

Dont check the board too often so I will have to get this thread back on topic. Sorry.

I will be more than happy to show you guys what our area has to offer. It is worth the trip. There is also diving in Davao. Will not comment on that as my bias is very ovious.

Good idea Paul, best to bring this thread back on track... :eyebrow:

BTW, have you guys found any interesting wrecks around GenSan? Keep hearing about some interesting but deep wrecks they are recently finding around the Davao area.

partridge:
Dont check the board too often so I will have to get this thread back on topic. Sorry.

I will be more than happy to show you guys what our area has to offer. It is worth the trip. There is also diving in Davao. Will not comment on that as my bias is very ovious.
paul,

i know i indianed you last year (no thanks to milo changing my marathon sked) but i am 99% ready for june 23rd...

i can dive as soon as i drop off my stuff at the hotel...

Jag

I have heard of some wrecks around the area. The problem is the bay is so deep. 6000 ft in the middle with walls all around. So any ship that sinks is gone.

We talk to fishermen and they say there is a nice site where they catch big grouper. They call it BARKO. That means boat and it is about 190 feet, they say. I ask them if there is a boat down there and they say yes. From stories from their parents or some such.

Even at the dock here a boat sank a couple years ago. At the time people dove it at 80 feet. Last time someone tried they got to 170 and saw nothing. It must have shifted and just kept on going down.

The old time spearfishermen used to go to 250 here. I am looking forward to going down deep that abyss. I have 2 knives down there.

Jag: We are always here for you man.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom