hello to all!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sandyjo

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm new to diving and to the board.

Started certification here in Toledo, Ohio with SSI. Got a referral to do my open water dives in mexico. Went down and the resort wouldn't accept my SSI referral (was a PADI shop). So, I redid the exam and some pool work and ended up with PADI certification.

I had time for 5 dives down there and am addicted now! Unfortunatley my buddy didn't do so well.....she had severe motion sickness and ended up throwing up underwater on both of her dives. :-(

As for me, I have two questions...any info on allergic reactions to wetsuits? I had a severe reaction...I'm wondering if there is a different type of suit, or some way to prevent it. Also any info on diving in South America - specifically, Peru, Ecuador or Galapogos?

sandy

Some individuals with your issue sandyjo have been able to put a diveskin of a different material than neoprene underneath their wetsuit and resolve the issue. As for area specific diving check out the NDI forums and locality forums here on the board.

Welcome to the board.

Sorry for your bud. It is kinds of neat to watch someone feed the fishes underwater. At least she didn't freak out and just let it go through the reg. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom