• 2-3 hours

Votes: 39 21.8%
  • 3-4 hours

Votes: 20 11.2%
  • more than 4 hours

Votes: 89 49.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cwb once bubbled...

Don't forget to check the cave reports.... it sounds like most are blown out right now...

We were originally planning on a week but it's all blown except for Manatee and JB. the're limiting Manatee to like six divers/day so that's out so we're going to do a long weekend and spend a couple of days in JB then head back.

MY open water dives were a 2-2.5 hour drive from me. Since then I have not done a dive that was not 3-4+ hours from me. If I want to dive, it's a 3+hour drive PERIOD. There is diving closer of course but anything under 2hours is sucky fresh water, and a 2hours is crappy salt water, not to mention I only know one diver near me who I could possibly get to dive with me within 2hour drive, and even he probably wouldn't not to mention I WON'T dive with him.

So I constantly drive 3-4+hours to dive. And theres pretty much nothing closer for the most part. It's starting to get old a little bit, but then I hop in the water and remember why I drive the 3+ hours :)

It's not so much drive time as time available. It is right at 12 hours driving at a leasurely pace from LA (That's "Lower Alabama," the Florida panhandle from the Chatahoochie to Perdido Bay) to Freeport, Texas, where the boats for the Flower Gardens leave, or to Key Largo. The drive is no problem; getting Friday and Monday off to get in a full weekend of diving can be.
E. itajara

Most of my diving takes place in Monterey, CA which is about 1.5 hour drive.

However, about 2 to 3 times a year I'll drive down to Santa Barbara, CA to spend a few days boat diving. That's about 4.5 to 5 hour drive, but well worth it.

Haven't started diving Lake Tahoe yet, that will probably be about a 3 or 4 hour drive.

Assuming no faster means of transportation is available ... and I lived in the absolute center of a land mass ... where is the option on the poll to walk with scuba gear across the continent?

Whatever it takes to keep diving!

Triton once bubbled...

Haven't started diving Lake Tahoe yet, that will probably be about a 3 or 4 hour drive.

I've done a lot of Tahoe Diving. Let me know if you want any info on where to go, dive shops there, etc. :D =-) :D

Incredible timing for this poll!

We're leaving at 6pm for Florida on Thursday. Diving on Friday and Saturday. Home for Detroit on Saturday nite!

So the answer is: 22 hours each way.

It's about a 10 hour drive to the coast from Calgary - no biggie. But we can fly for around 300.00, so it's quicker and cheaper to fly.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
I am impressed with the dedication!!!

Means a lot of driving...the closes place to me is a little over an hour. Gilboa is 2, and I have driven the 4 hours to a place in KY, and will do it again, just to dive in a quarry. Yeah, I should sign up now for the mental help hotline....

Back
Top Bottom