Dump valve relocation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dryglove

Contributor
Reaction score
I own a bare Trilam ATR HD.It has a DSV adjustable low profile exhaust valve on the upper arm.

The more i see people using the dumps on wrist the more i like it.To me it seems like it works really nice.I have no problems with my valve where it is but i think i would prefer to have a wrist dump.

Can this valve be relocated to my wrist or does it require a different type of valve.I have contacted drysuitrepair.com and they say they will relocate it for 35 bucks.I just want to make sure that this valve is suitable for use as a wrist dump or does it require a different style of valve to use for dumping from the wrist.Thanks!!

I don't know what a DSV is but just about any valve will work on the forearm (wrist is a misnomer) and low profile is best.

I was going to have the dump moved from the front(!) of my upper arm to the forearm on my CF200 but just don't know if it is worth the trouble... I can make if work where it is.

I have a forearm dump on the Andy's and like it better. Shoot even if the DUI had the dump further toward the back of the upper arm it would be better.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
I don't know what a DSV is but just about any valve will work on the forearm (wrist is a misnomer) and low profile is best.

I was going to have the dump moved from the front(!) of my upper arm to the forearm on my CF200 but just don't know if it is worth the trouble... I can make if work where it is.

I have a forearm dump on the Andy's and like it better. Shoot even if the DUI had the dump further toward the back of the upper arm it would be better.

I also have no idea what a dsv is.Thats what the instruction booklet called it.It is a pretty small valve.Doesnt seem to low profile to me but thats what they call it.

I have no problem dumping air from mine now but it seems like the guys with the forearm dumps exhausted air so easily while horizontal.They just lifted their hand in the air slightly and out came the air.

It seemed so much easier and smoother compared to the upper arm dump.I was rather impressed with it.

Another thing that worries is how the repair is gonna look after the valve is removed from the upper arm.I know drysuitrepair does awesome work.I just dont want to have some big round patch on my nice drysuit.If anybody has had this done post a pic of where the valve use to be.

I had it moved on the old suit.
Don't have a pic of it tho'.

Basically they are going to put a patch on either side - however - way to remain 6 is:
Go to your local accessory store - find cool sow on patch representing charity of your pleasure - anything from flames to Ford logos out there...
Apply glue to area, place patch over area, pile 14 phone books on top and let sit overnight...
Now your ugly patch is cool and yoru friends will think you are too...

:wink:

Dane

I have an And's DS-3 with the valve in the normal Andy's position. I find by bending my arm at the elbow it expells the gas nicely without touching the valve.

Dave D

Bob3 once bubbled...
Leave that shoulder dump where it is, just get yourself one of those $12 Draeger Cuff Dumps if you have to have a forearm/wrist dump.
I can't stand having stuff on my forearm/wrists, but your mileage will no doubt vary.
Where might one locate an online source for the cuff dump?

NITF

Back
Top Bottom