Need Help From the Orlando Locals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Linze1106

Registered
Reaction score
I am trying to find a really good AOW class/Instructor. Can any one can reccomend a shop that can provide really good teaching in the Orlando Fl Area. I am looking into PADI AOW, but I will be willing to do NAUI. I am also looking into find a place that has everything all the way up to DM. I have been looking on-line and found a few good shops. I am still new in town and I am hoping someone knows of a good place. Thanks for your help. - Linze

I dont know which side of town your in, but I would recommend CN Divers, even though its a little bit of a drive (mt. dora). I worked with them several times, and always loved working with them. If you dont mind the drive from your paart of the city, its definatly worth it. heres their website if you want to check it out... http://cndivers.com/. Hope this helps! Good luck!

I got certified at Scuba Quest in Altamonte Springs. I thought the staff did a good job while I was there however they never sent me my C-card and I had to chase them for over 1 year for it. The lazy &%$! never sent in the paper work and then quit. I had to sit in the water in the Caymans until the dive master cleared me to go because they "had no record of me ever coming to their shop" I knew enough about the place and the staff so they eventually cleared me, but laziness like that is unnecessary. Go elsewhere. No suggestions as to where to go, just wanted to let u know where not to go.

This is an easy one.

Only ONE shop in the orlando area is worth going to....

http://www.floridatechnicalscuba.com

They certify from OW to full trimix. They have everything you need at awsome prices too.

Brett is a good owner and fellow cavediver.

Send Pete "NetDoc" Murray a PM or simply e-mail him at netdoc@scubaboard.com
I believe Pete is offering some classes right now that may work great for your schedule. He's also a NAUI instructor as well as SDI.

Any of the above are good. I generally didnt put much faith in most of the shops that i went into around the city, so i went with Rick Murcar (GDI on scubaboard) for that training and some others - he is willing to drive around.

I was not best impressed with either scubaquest, certainly not with that place out on 436 by red bug nor its affiliate on 50/bumby, i heard decent things about castaway scuba, so so about the place on 50 and old cheney and i heard that divers direct were getting more into teaching. I thought well of CN and kissimmee pro. Its up to you, speak to the guys, do a day trip in your car around them, and see what you think - some of them are so full of it, you can smell it before you walk in the door :wink:

If you don't mind going to Patrick AFB on Merritt Island and diving out of Jupiter Inlet for your dives, we are having an AOW dive class this month. Call (321) 494-2042. The instructor is Stephen Metcalf. Steve has been teaching for 40 years. Call Tony (321) 494-9691 and ask him about Steve and the class.

They are NAUI, but Ron at Kissimmee Pro Dive (they, along with Divers Direct, also use CJ). Wife and daughter had a good overall experience there. We couldn't make the checkout and they worked with us on the schedule. Don't know about PADI - shop I cert'd with was good but is gone now.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom