Andrea Doria

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JS1scuba:
The two most famous boats that would go to the Andrea Doria no longer go.
Seeker ran to the Doria during the 1990s and early 00s but went on the block for sale almost 2 years ago. Capt Dan Crowell was getting busy with his u/w film work and found it to be just too much to run both the boat and a promising career. The SEEKER was recently sold.

Regards,
Yes the seeker was sold.
yes it is still running trips to the doria.
Its has one scheduled for 4th of July weekend, but i beleave its full
i started a seeker info thread about a week ago.

Diesel298:
Yes the seeker was sold.
yes it is still running trips to the doria.
Its has one scheduled for 4th of July weekend, but i beleave its full
i started a seeker info thread about a week ago.

Well give us a link to that thread Buckey! :0)

A buddy of mine has made about 10 jumps on the doria and wount be going anymore either. Just too much hassle theese days. Also that shes past her former glory and he would rather remember her as she was then how she is now. Kind of sad that the top of the heap is now becoming a heap.

BTW you can always do a private charter on a boat that runs trips tot he canyons for fishing. Im sure you can find a capt to haul your butts out there and let you deal with the diving aspect. they get a pretty penny for thoose long runs. but it might be a viable option if you got a team togather to go.

or just go on a dive boat like...
hum........
the Seeker

I guess you missed the 5 pages of posts about the seeker being sold and out of the other 4 boats only one is active and has only one trip planned to the doria. Even more interesting is the fact that the trip jumped a week ago.

So back to nothing running out there. "hum...."

no i didnt miss that
its just not 100% correct
it has been sold but is in operation she is out of the water being painted now. but should be done soon,

Word has it that after being painted she will be a fishing boat only has someone heard diffrent then this?

BadLatitude:
So back to nothing running out there. "hum...."

That is not correct. The Lockness, the Sea Hunter and the John Jack all make trips to the Doria. The Lockness had a trip scheduled last week that was cancelled due to weather. The Sea Hunter is headed out this weekend. The John Jack has several trips scheduled every year. Other boats will go on a charter basis for selected divers, but don't expect those trips to be advertised.

On the NE wreck divers yahoo group the new owner of the Seeker said that it will remain a dive boat operating out of RI and he will be running trips to the Doria and other deep destinations. More information can be found here

trob09:
On the NE wreck divers yahoo group the new owner of the Seeker said that it will remain a dive boat operating out of RI and he will be running trips to the Doria and other deep destinations. More information can be found here

Can you direct me to this yahoo group?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom