Sleeping sharks
Pedda

Sleeping sharks

I’ve done three dives on the same dive site and every time it has been sharks in the same caves. Some friends of mine have kept this place secret since they don’t want to have too many divers there that might scare the sharks of, but after a lot of begging and a captain with good memory I finally got to dive there. There are three caves that are frequented by the sharks. One on 28 meters depth. The two others are in a reef pinnacle that sticks up from the bottom at 20 meters depth. You’ll only find the shark there during the winter time and we think that the reason for that is hot water. When you get close to the pinnacle you can both see and feel that the water is warmer than the rest of the sea. And if you put your hand in the cave it’s a lot warmer than on the outside. So we think that it’s a warm water spring or something like that under the pinnacle. Two of the sharks in the cave have a Striped Remora attached to them.

For once I actually regret that I bought a big and bulky DSLR camera because the holes into the caves are so small that I cannot get my camera in to it. This gives me limited options and some problem where to position the camera and the flash to get great photos.
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Pedda
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media