Diving mask with add-on lenses
This is pretty amazing, and a fun project. Your getting the interpupilary distance into the design will make a big difference.
I love that it is secured onto the mask with nuts and bolts.
I have a Seawiscope, that I fit over prescription mask, but it only bungee attaches to mask, so I am a bit worried I will lose it in the water. This is such a high mag that it is really for watching teeny creatures up close.
If I may ask what your background is, that you learned these engineering skills?

Thanks for the appreciation.
Yes, this design takes care of the interpupilary distance and makes a difference. Honestly, when I set out, I was quite surprised not to find something similar on the internet.
I have actually studied marine sciences but landed up running a small computer aided design (CAD) company. It's a combination of these skills that have resulted in this development.

We have a 3D printer shop in town that can build some parts , but the plexi parts are different. My hubby has a huge model railroad in progress, so he may have rest of tools already. He won’t start any new projects until we get last kid off to college.
But hubby has astigmatism, so I wonder if this can help with that kind of correction?

@Francesea If you have someone with a laser cutting shop in town, they should be able to take care of the plexi parts. If you can't find a solution locally let me know and I could help out from here (India), where its easy and cheap.
I suppose that the problem with astigmatism should be taken care of, because the idea is ti use exactly the same lenses that we use on land. The only thing is that we are encasing them in a pocket of air, externally. Presumably one of the adjustments that will need to be made is to take into account the distance between the eyes and the lenses. In the case of reading glasses, they are usually worn at a distance from the eyes. But those with myopia wear with the lenses closer to the eyes. So I would suppose that the prescription should be made keeping that in mind.
Good luck with the huge model railroad project and the kid's college. I've completed both! :)

Very innovative Aquafilio, well done :thumb:

Media information

Category
Gear & Equipment
Added by
Aquafilio
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata