Question XDeep Zen vs Zeos and Steel vs Alu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So final decision is Zeos Deluxe with Alu plate. 2 Medium (2x3kg) weight pockets. I'm afraid of the small(2x2kg) ones to be too small which means not having enough weight on me. Should I go for M or S?

Final question (not gonna change the decision). With Zeos if I change the donut(wing) can i use double tank or not? If yes what would I need apart from new wing?

So final decision is Zeos Deluxe with Alu plate. 2 Medium (2x3kg) weight pockets. I'm afraid of the small(2x2kg) ones to be too small which means not having enough weight on me. Should I go for M or S?

Final question (not gonna change the decision). With Zeos if I change the donut(wing) can i use double tank or not? If yes what would I need apart from new wing?
I would go for S pockets unless you plan of diving with thicker suits. You can easily use the plate for doubles, you just need an appropriate wing and the tank bands with screws that will replace the single tank adapter

So final decision is Zeos Deluxe with Alu plate. 2 Medium (2x3kg) weight pockets
The small works optimally for your current exposure suit and what I would choose. It's easy to attach lead directly to the plate, replace the pockets, or simply wear a weightbelt if using a thicker suit is a rare occurrence.

A similar thread discussed the choice of Standard v. Deluxe harness. You may find it interesting.

A similar thread discussed the choice of Standard v. Deluxe harness. You may find it interesting.
Forgot to mention that I would definitely go for the standard harness (I own 3) unless you plan on diving with no exposure / skin protection. The deluxe harness from xDeep is still quite clean so not a big difference and in the end it boils mostly down to personal preference

I would go for S pockets unless you plan of diving with thicker suits. You can easily use the plate for doubles, you just need an appropriate wing and the tank bands with screws that will replace the single tank adapter
Already diving with 7mm so I don't think i will use thicker one (maybe a vest when it's too cold)

The small works optimally for your current exposure suit and what I would choose. It's easy to attach lead directly to the plate, replace the pockets, or simply wear a weightbelt if using a thicker suit is a rare occurrence.

I will read the other thread and I hate weight belts!

Ok boys and girls, I have some extra questions (last ones).

My gf will buy Zeos as well. Again what i am not sure is the weight pocket size. Usually she uses 7mm wetsuit (with extra vest inside) and usually she dives with 4 kgs. Given that she is buying alu plate will she face any problems with the weights? Is she's going to need more than 4 kg with this set up?

And the last question I have is about the inflator hose. One guy at the diving center told me that he couldn't use any inflator hose with his Zeos and he had to use the one that came with the BCD. Is this true? I am asking because my gf doesn't have a regulator and she uses from the diving center which means she cannot change the inflator hose every time.

Thank you in advance

Ok boys and girls, I have some extra questions (last ones).

My gf will buy Zeos as well. Again what i am not sure is the weight pocket size. Usually she uses 7mm wetsuit (with extra vest inside) and usually she dives with 4 kgs. Given that she is buying alu plate will she face any problems with the weights? Is she's going to need more than 4 kg with this set up?

And the last question I have is about the inflator hose. One guy at the diving center told me that he couldn't use any inflator hose with his Zeos and he had to use the one that came with the BCD. Is this true? I am asking because my gf doesn't have a regulator and she uses from the diving center which means she cannot change the inflator hose every time.

Thank you in advance
Regarding weight if she is moving from a jacket or soft plate — probably she will need the same weight or slightly less. If she is moving from steel BP, more

All inflator hoses have the same attachments. The only thing you may want to adjust based on your torso is the length.

Regarding weight if she is moving from a jacket or soft plate — probably she will need the same weight or slightly less. If she is moving from steel BP, more

All inflator hoses have the same attachments. The only thing you may want to adjust based on your torso is the length.

She now dives with a classic jacket from the dive center (mares or cressi), so same kilos thus going for small pockets as well.

Makes sense about the hose but still can't understand why the other guy told me that his previous hose didn't work. He is experienced diver so it's not that he doesn't know how it works. Anyway. So both same setup with different colors.
I hope we won't have problem with the hose. Fingers crossed

Apparently, they weren't the last questions and either i am stupid either the informations are not 100% clear.

For the "XDEEP Weight Pockets" do i need to buy also the "XDEEP Insert for a weight pocket" or not?

Back
Top Bottom