Where to go for two weeks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi vmf,

Yea, I thought that might be the story. It usually is the remote areas that are the problem in every region with malaria. Our CDC tends to be very conservative.

Thanks.

DocVikingo

Doc,

Flying into Quito on Sunday the 8th, AggressorII 7/12-19, back to NY from Guayaquil the morning after we get off the boat... 11 days on the ground with a weekend at home before and after the trip. $817 for the Newark->Quito; Guayaquil-> Newark direct flights. Aggressor will book my Quito->Baltra->Guayaquil flights on Monday.

Thank you for all your help. We are both totally excited. I don't know why I didn't think of the Galapagos until I read the posts on the three best dives and the one you linked me to. As always your posts were very informative... I've actually had great luck on this board with advice and travel (Natasha booked a last minute week in the Yucatan for us that was quite fun).

I'll let you know how it goes, but I have a feeling this is the nicest boat I'll have been on, and I grew up in a sport fishing community, around boats all my life. It sounds amazing, even if we do have to sleep on the sundeck:)

Matt

Splendid, Matt. It is very exciting. I suspect you're going to have a wonderful time.

Do enjoy.

DocVikingo

Oh, I'm sure we will. I like the fact that we will get some land time also. I had a question for you but it slipped my mind... I'm going to post a wetsuit question shortly as my ancient Rip Curl died last month in Cozumel (zipper, but it had many short comings).

I have an O'Neil shorty (3mm). I'm considering buying a 5 or a 7mm suit. Not sure what I'll need for the Galapagos. I get cold easily. My wife is already making fun of me for considering 7mils, "We're going to the Galapagos, not Antartica."

Hey man, there are penguins there...

Hey Mattie I'm with you.

Better warm than sorry I always say.

Be sure to post a trip report when you get back for we less worldly travelers. :)

Jimbo

Galapagos is my dream destination! Trip report a must! And I'm with Jimbo on the suit.... after that 3rd or 4th dive of the day you'll be wanting that 7 mil! Have an absolute blast! Casey

I'll definately post a trip report when I get back. Right now I'm losing sleep over how to dress. We have 5mm Hendersons, which we just acquired (got a good deal) and I'm wondering what I should put over it. I posted something about this in the general discussion, and a couple of people with lots of diving experience are saying dry suits. Although, 65F doesn't seem to warrant that in my opinion.

What do you think?

Hey Matt,
I just got back from the British Virgin Islands. Sorry I didn't get to help this time. Thanks for the kind words.
Sounds like you're going to have a trip of a life time. Be sure to take a good camera. Can't wait to read your dive report.
I'm with Casey, I'd love to go there!
:sunny:

With a brand new 5 mil suit why not bring along your shorty to layer over it if you get cold? Maybe that would be sufficient?! I've never been to the Galapagos(but want to!!) and I know all about being COLD~ Casey

I'm going with a hooded vest, Bare, 7mm. For a hundred bucks why take the risk. Can't decide if I'm going to bring my shorty or not...

Hey Natasha, how about a little trip report on the BVI? I've snorkled there many times as a kid... I just recently read an article by an older gentleman who has been diving around the world since WWII, and he moved down to the BVI 10 years ago, has done so many dives he can't keep track. He raves about it. I like the idea too because they are relatively close, assuming you fly into Virgin Gorda or Tortolla after a direct from NY-> St. Croix (isn't that where the big landing strip is?)

Anyway, post away, I would love to hear about it. My best friend is going to get certified before the fall, and he will be a great diver as he is half fish. So, hopefully I'll have a reliable, employed, back-up dive buddy soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom