The Underwater Bike....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sure Squintsalot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
....I can't believe they stole my idea! All those sleepless hours spent staring at a dark ceiling having thought of all the mechanics involved and these guys went ahead and built it!

Props to them!

Screenshot 2024-05-08 140328.jpg

Screenshot 2024-05-08 140508.jpg

I mean, yes its cool and yes I would like to try one someday. Watching those guys tool around in the video though... the cynic in me really wants to know how the bicycle kick turning a propeller is even close to as efficient as just kicking a flipper. It looks cool and fun, but its not like those dude were swimming around with the ease of dolphins, looked actually a bit putzy.

Can someone please buy one and stage a flipper versus propeller race? I'd watch that.

edit - all the product shots show flat pedals, but did anyone else notice the divers were using MTB shoes and clipless pedals? I think they were Crank Bros Eggbeaters.

I'm not impressed with what I'm seeing here. Maybe seeing it in person or even trying it will change my mind.

....I can't believe they stole my idea! All those sleepless hours spent staring at a dark ceiling having thought of all the mechanics involved and these guys went ahead and built it!
How does one "mount" this idiotic contraption? Was probing the proper procedure for this maneuver the pickle that kept you up at night?

I'd certainly try it (HOME | SEABIKE) based on the ease in which the divers appear to be moving. However, they could be holding their breath. I'm not going to buy it to try it.

I can just see Ron Popeil selling this during the late movie on TBS.

How does one "mount" this idiotic contraption? Was probing the proper procedure for this maneuver the pickle that kept you up at night?
You see the long pointed shaft…

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom