T & C - Check your luggage!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do not do that in Bali, explain all you want, you will not be able to keep them without a note or script from your doctor.
Do they actually ask you to empty your pockets?

I get it. And we do.

But these little piss ant islands with their ignorant little laws, need to settle down.

Or people will stop visiting. Nobody wants to visit New Jersey.

Hassling tourists because of camo shorts is hilarious. [Oh ya, they were obviously planning to rob a bank and escape capture by blending into the forest.]

Arresting this guy for a few rounds of hunting ammo, that is likely useless on that island, is excessive.

Are the Turks and Caicos suggesting that their people are too stupid and inept, to make their own ammo from scratch?

Forming brass, and casting lead, isn't exactly rocket science. Must be real dim witted people there, if they think restricting ammo isn't easy to overcome.
We get it - you get up each morning and belt out a verse of “‘Merica, F**k Yeah!”

Feel free to stay in the paradise known as Greater Flyover Ohio.

Yes. Insulting tourists is a way better game plan. You on the Caicos Tourism commision?

Lock up the girl in camo shorts. It's time to blame cornfields for being cornfields. Cornfields ain't paradise, so grab that 8yo kid with the Colt hat, toss him in jail.

It's not as inventive as leaving your rental cars unlocked in Bonaire, because petty theft is a state sport there.

But yeah. Their dump, their rules. If they enforce such ticky tack ignorant laws so forcefully.....

Clearly it isn't safe to travel there. I'll just make a note, and take the fam elsewhere.

Do they actually ask you to empty your pockets?
You are in your 80s, I am in my mid 70s , we are old enough to not take the gamble they just might.
Let 'the young bucks' play that silly game, the rules are simple, take a note from from your doctor of what you take and they [the ubiquitous they] will nod and let us old farts through, easy.

Yes. Insulting tourists is a way better game plan. You on the Caicos Tourism commision?

Lock up the girl in camo shorts. It's time to blame cornfields for being cornfields. Cornfields ain't paradise, so grab that 8yo kid with the Colt hat, toss him in jail.

It's not as inventive as leaving your rental cars unlocked in Bonaire, because petty theft is a state sport there.

But yeah. Their dump, their rules. If they enforce such ticky tack ignorant laws so forcefully.....

Clearly it isn't safe to travel there. I'll just make a note, and take the fam elsewhere.

I'm sure they will be heartbroken that you decided to go elsewhere!

Also about Bali.
If you want to bring a prescribed medication into Indonesia that is on the restricted or prohibited list for use in the country, you must bring the medication in its original packaging.
My wife would have had problems with her medications as they were in a blister pack of days to take them and NOT in their original packaging, now moved back to containers they came in.
And declare it on the customs form and have both the original prescription and a note from your doctor that states why you need the medicine, how often you take it and how long you must take it for.
A lot of older Aussie forget this.

Edit: Go through your dive gear, save a dive kit and first aid bag for items they will remove from you.
I just did, and a multi tool and the orange knife from my save a dive kit in the photo was removed, I have had no problems with the shears [so far].
View attachment 838619
Does that apply to all prescription medications or just certain ones? If not all do you have a link to the meds?

If you are planning to take prescription medicines into Indonesia for your own personal use, we would advise you to: carry a letter from your doctor explaining your medical conditions and detailing what the medicine is, how many you will be taking, and stating the medicine is for your personal use only.
That is all meds, my wife with her serious health condition has a few.
Does that apply to all prescription medications or just certain ones? If not all do you have a link to the meds?

You will need to present your medically necessary items, including prescription drugs, separately to the screening officer. The screening officer may ask you to open your bottles or containers of medically necessary liquid for inspection and testing.

If you are planning to take prescription medicines into Indonesia for your own personal use, we would advise you to: carry a letter from your doctor explaining your medical conditions and detailing what the medicine is, how many you will be taking, and stating the medicine is for your personal use only.
That is all meds, my wife with her serious health condition has a few.

You will need to present your medically necessary items, including prescription drugs, separately to the screening officer. The screening officer may ask you to open your bottles or containers of medically necessary liquid for inspection and testing.
Depends on the blokes doing the checking I suppose. I had my meds checked in Manado twice. They found my Metformin tabs in a zip lock bag and treated it like I was importing cocaine. Then ran them though their scanners. Found nothing interesting and let me on my way. No prescriptions required.

Depends on the blokes doing the checking I suppose.
And that is the qualifier.
It is that way in a lot of places.

Back
Top Bottom