Sea & Sea YS-03 Solis HELP, Please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
living4experiences

living4experiences

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hoping I can get some immediate help for my YS-03 Solis strobe. I'm on a dive trip now and the strobe has stopped working completely. I installed new batteries and when I turned on the strobe underwater, there was a constant blinking red light, but the strobe never fired. Not only did it not fire, but even in the off mode, it kept blinking red. Back at the hotel, I inspected it and everything looks fine. I reinstalled the new batteries, and as soon as the batteries made contact with the inside connectors while putting the lid on, there was a brief red blinking light, and then nothing. Now it's completely dead. Is there a factory reset that can be done? I can't find anything in the online product manual for troubleshooting from Sea & Sea.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Look for water under the front lens. Mine did the same thing and it was due water leaking under the lens. The only explanation I could get was that it may have been due to micro fractures. In any case, the strobe was no longer usable and trashed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom