Scuba Pro Luna FDK 12600SE battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Weimsnks

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was getting my gear out for a future trip and noticed my computer wouldn't turn on. After talking to my Scuba pro dealer, this battery has been obsoleted. Yes I have searched amazon and ebay as well as the web but I'm not ready to pay their inflated prices.
This is an FDK 12600SE 3.0v 15ma cylindrical battery. I have called the local battery place and they show no suitable substitute. I am going to take it over so they can take a look at it.
Has anyone ran across this issue and found a solution? There is nothing wrong with my computer other than the MFG used an oddball battery.

It is what it is, it really comes down to paying the inflated price or seize the opportunity to replace the computer, SP may offer a decent discount on one of the newer ones, if you have a transmitter it will work one the newer stuff too or join the cult (:wink: ) and look at the shearwater.

It is what it is, it really comes down to paying the inflated price or seize the opportunity to replace the computer, SP may offer a decent discount on one of the newer ones, if you have a transmitter it will work one the newer stuff too

I think that there is a nice upgrade program.

Its great for scuba pro, not so much for the consumer. Sure would be a lot easier to swallow if the unit was broke instead of a product that was designed with an oddball battery.....at best.

Or

Not sure why those places didn't come up when I have done the searches?
Thanks for the leads. I will look into them.

Back
Top Bottom