Peregrine - How to delete "Dive 0"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SiDziner

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Whenever I download logs from my Peregrine, it always wants to download dive 0, which is the factory test dive. I know I can uncheck it and not download it, but I find that annoying.

I tried deleting the dive directly on the computer, downloading and deleting it via the android app, downloading and deleting it in the desktop app. None of those actually gets rid of the dive, and it always wants to redownload it whenever downloading dives.

Is there a way to actually remove the dive so it no longer downloads by default?

Whenever I download logs from my Peregrine, it always wants to download dive 0, which is the factory test dive. I know I can uncheck it and not download it, but I find that annoying.

I tried deleting the dive directly on the computer, downloading and deleting it via the android app, downloading and deleting it in the desktop app. None of those actually gets rid of the dive, and it always wants to redownload it whenever downloading dives.

Is there a way to actually remove the dive so it no longer downloads by default?

You can delete it on the computer. You can delete ANY dive on your dive log. Display it in the log and keep clicking more ... more ... more and then one last edit on the last screen and you are taken to a screen with a Delete option.

You can delete it on the computer. You can delete ANY dive on your dive log. Display it in the log and keep clicking more ... more ... more and then one last edit on the last screen and you are taken to a screen with a Delete option.
I did that already. Dive 0 doesn't show up in the dive log on the computer. However, whenever I download dives to the PC or phone, Dive 0 shows up with a check mark, and it will download it to Shearwater cloud. Obviously if i uncheck it, it will not download, but I find it annoying that I have to do that.

In other words, deleting it on the computer doesn't prevent it from being downloadable to the PC/phone. The dive is still on the computer, and it can be "Restored" on the computer by putting it in restore mode. I want it gone, so it doesn't try to download it every time I sync to Shearwater cloud.

I did that already. Dive 0 doesn't show up in the dive log on the computer. However, whenever I download dives to the PC or phone, Dive 0 shows up with a check mark, and it will download it to Shearwater cloud. Obviously if i uncheck it, it will not download, but I find it annoying that I have to do that.

In other words, deleting it on the computer doesn't prevent it from being downloadable to the PC/phone. The dive is still on the computer, and it can be "Restored" on the computer by putting it in restore mode. I want it gone, so it doesn't try to download it every time I sync to Shearwater cloud.

Interesting. I have always been able to delete that test dive on my Peregrine and my Perdix computers and it does not show up for download. I'd email Shearwater.

If you find it too annoying to check a box and are on a Mac you can switch to MacDive which has an import recent dives option. Import recent dives only imports the dives that haven't already been imported. Ask for that feature or just deal with unchecking a box.

Check your manual. This is for the perdix, but should be a similar process for the peregrine.

Screenshot_20240203_170407_Drive.jpg

Check your manual. This is for the perdix, but should be a similar process for the peregrine.

View attachment 839273
I did read the manual.

I have already deleted "Dive 0" individually from the computer's dive log. Are you suggesting that I need to "Delete All Logs"? What If I want to keep my other logs on the computer?

If you find it too annoying to check a box and are on a Mac you can switch to MacDive which has an import recent dives option. Import recent dives only imports the dives that haven't already been imported. Ask for that feature or just deal with unchecking a box.
Not on a Mac.

I did read the manual.

I have already deleted "Dive 0" individually from the computer's dive log. Are you suggesting that I need to "Delete All Logs"? What If I want to keep my other logs on the computer?
No, turn off "restore mode". A buddy had a similar issue with training dives he didn't want numbered or in his log. This was the solution...

The question really is why does it matter? It doesn't affect anything. It doesn't increase your dive count. It's just a "dive" that you don't have to look at once you get more than a few in your Shearwater log.

I would let it download once in the hope it won't prompt you for that one again. Delete it from the list of downloaded dives on the PC/cloud.

Back
Top Bottom