Nomad ray vs xdeep Tec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnydive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Browsed a lot of forum for individuals review. But couldn’t find which one is the “best” or which one should I choose. I also read good thing about the katana II. So for cold water diving which one would you go with and why?

Thrutch mate can I ask the significance of your name, when I see it all I see is yeast

First check out Andy's comparison of the stealth and katana if you haven't already. XDeep Stealth Tec vs Hollis Katana 2 Reviewed

I would suggest finding an instructor locally and finding out what they dive. There is a fair bit of setup on either to get them dialed in for your B&T.

I picked the Xdeep stealth tec. I have used it with LP85 and AL80. I like that it is 2lbs lighter then the Hollis. The Y-harness works for me. I like the reinforced material right where it should be on the top. I like the spine weight system on the Xdeep and Xdeep has a good selection of weighting options appropriate for cold water. I like that the lift is off the shoulders on the Xdeep(vs. nomad) due to the tapered aircell. I am currently designing my own minimalist harness, but the XDeep is a well engineered solution.

@tbone1004 ehat is your advise? You usually have a good opinion and a good knowledge for diving!

Thrutch mate can I ask the significance of your name, when I see it all I see is yeast
Rock climbing jargon thst basically means to flail wildly inside a large crack whilst desperately trying to make upward progress, referring in particular to "offwidth" cracks, which are too big for a single hand/fist but too small to squeeze inside. Offwidths are climbing's "brutal art", and I love 'em.

Yeah flailing around wildly inside a large crack in the sky with a fist, yeah I think I'll stick with the cookie jar

gettyimages-73783410-612x612.jpg

Good luck with your enterprises

Browsed a lot of forum for individuals review. But couldn’t find which one is the “best” or which one should I choose. I also read good thing about the katana II. So for cold water diving which one would you go with and why?
Cold water really has no bearing on which rig you choose IMO, and arguably in drysuits it's even less of an issue because there is not much gas in the bladder, if any for some people. The most important question before any recommendations get made is which cylinders do you intend to use? That will really determine which rig you should look into and help with some real decision making because the way the harnesses carry bottles is what really matters, not the temperature of the water or the type of exposure protection.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom