Nautilus Lifeline Radio Disassembly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Following, I have three none work to their full capacity, one bricked following a failed farmwear update, other two buttons don't work.
Since this nautilus is unusable, I have been using something similar. I bought a Dryfob Canister and put inside a Horizon HX40 marine radio. Ive been able to call our dive boat if he is within eye sight, atleast 5 km.

Hi!
I have some real depth (pun intended) in radios. I don't know this one, so I went and looked at a few pics. I think your issue will be pulling the chassis out of the container in a way that you'll be able to reseal the unit when you're done. I can make some inferences as to what kind of battery it might be, but it might also be a flat pack.

It's already worthless. Pop it open and be the test bed for everyone else. I'd be happy to, with the caveat that a) I don't know what I am doing with that specific item, b) it may not be fixable, and c) no guarantees it will be waterproof at any depth when it comes back. (shrugs)

Hi! I have some real depth (pun intended) in radios. I don't know this one, so I went and looked at a few pics. I think your issue will be pulling the chassis out of the container in a way that you'll be able to reseal the unit when you're done. I can make some inferences as to what kind of battery it might be, but it might also be a flat pack. ... It's already worthless. Pop it open and be the test bed for everyone else. I'd be happy to, with the caveat that a) I don't know what I am doing with that specific item, b) it may not be fixable, and c) no guarantees it will be waterproof at any depth when it comes back. (shrugs)

Im gonna do that. One thing I did notice is that if I get the radio pulled apart and new battery installed, it may not be watertight at depth. It will fit into a DryFob XL canister which is depth rated. As long as its splash proof thats still a great alternative and that radio has a great range and gps capable.

FYI, I emailed Nautilus LL about my replacing the battery in that old, original radio. Their response:

"The battery for the original LifeLine Radio was a custom lithium ion. Unfortunately, all parts are now out of stock as this model of the LifeLine has been discontinued for several years.​
We have a newly updated version of our LifeLine Marine Rescue PGS that will be launching near the end of May. If you are interested, we will be accepting any previous gen LifeLine, in any condition, as a trade-in, for $135 USD + shipping (regular $245)."​
Not very helpful.

FYI, I emailed Nautilus LL about my replacing the battery in that old, original radio. Their response:

"The battery for the original LifeLine Radio was a custom lithium ion. Unfortunately, all parts are now out of stock as this model of the LifeLine has been discontinued for several years.​
We have a newly updated version of our LifeLine Marine Rescue PGS that will be launching near the end of May. If you are interested, we will be accepting any previous gen LifeLine, in any condition, as a trade-in, for $135 USD + shipping (regular $245)."​
Not very helpful.
I had pretty much same email. Im gonna be the test mule tearing it apart.:cheers:

Standard Horizon HX40 in an old Princeton Tec 8C light housing works great as an alternative.

HX40 is splashproof and SH has a decent policy on water damage.

"If your STANDARD HORIZON radio fails for any reason, including water damage, during normal use in the first 3 years, STANDARD HORIZON will repair it without hassle or charge - period! If it fails thereafter in normal use for as long as you own it, our unique Lifetime Flat Rate Service Program will cover it."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom