Question Is it worth it to unpair twinned HPFaber 100s and use separately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NudiBoop

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I lucked into the pair with manifold and a third, solo. I had been looking for 2 tanks to solo each and came across a listing on craigslist. My thinking was, "Three 2011 steel 100cuf tanks for $300? That's a great deal." Then I started seeing prices for twinned hp100s (600? 650?) and started thinking about selling the pair, then buying one more tank someplace else. Any thoughts either way?

Oh! And I could use some advice on HP valves... If the tank is rated 3500, my valve better be rated at least that or higher, right? I'm struggling to find any higher than 3k...

Oh! And I could use some advice on HP valves... If the tank is rated 3500, my valve better be rated at least that or higher, right? I'm struggling to find any higher than 3k...

5250 burst disks = rated for 3442 psi tanks.

Many of us use these valves on our steel HP tanks. They are a great value.

Is there some reason not to split them up if you don’t intend to dive doubles? If you want singles, split them up and hold onto the manifold and bands for in case you ever need doubles or want to sell them. Its not likely they are going to depreciate.

I lucked into the pair with manifold and a third, solo. I had been looking for 2 tanks to solo each and came across a listing on craigslist. My thinking was, "Three 2011 steel 100cuf tanks for $300? That's a great deal." Then I started seeing prices for twinned hp100s (600? 650?) and started thinking about selling the pair, then buying one more tank someplace else. Any thoughts either way?
It's nice to have options! Yes, "un-twin" them (and store away the manifold and bands), get normal type valves for them, and dive them local.

Enjoy diving your new-to-you cylinders as singles!

rx7diver

It's nice to have options! Yes, "un-twin" them (and store away the manifold and bands), get normal type valves for them, and dive them local.

Enjoy diving your new-to-you cylinders as singles!

rx7diver

Why bother swapping the valves? Is a left handed valve really that big of a deal? Plug em and call it done.

3 tanks are better than 2. Keep all the hardware and dive them as singles until you're ready for longer dives. No need to sell the doubles only to potentially buy 2 more tanks for a similar price.

If you're set on selling them I'll buy em from your from you for 450.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom