Easy Access Schedule Puerto Galera Ferry Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Received the same reply from the resort that QR code is NOT necessary!!!! But the approved resort sent me a accommodation confirmation.
I have applied for the QR code and wonder how long it will take.
The "App" is absolutely pathetic on date of birth, I have to click it several hundred time to reach my date of birth so at the end I just enter the month and day +2023. Technically I am not born yet!

JOKE.

Wild…lol. They definitely expected a QR code from us on Wednesday, but perhaps they have repurposed the existing “control” aspect of that crappy (by all accounts), COVID-inspired QR code software system to serve tourism entry / control data instead. A mystery! 🤷‍♂️

This is what we got from LLV after making our reservations in January:

We will be delighted to welcome you again here at the resort.

By the way, may we request a copy of your IDs for us to help you process your Tourist QR codes?

You may send it to our email or FB account

They sent each of us QR codes the day before arrival by email.

91E3C7F1-2A93-4DD6-8264-07E5DB4B5DE9.jpeg

Sample here.

Wild…lol. They definitely expected a QR code from us on Wednesday, but perhaps they have repurposed the existing “control” aspect of that crappy (by all accounts), COVID-inspired QR code software system to serve tourism entry / control data instead. A mystery! 🤷‍♂️

This is what we got from LLV after making our reservations in January:
This is Philippines!!
How is Lalaguna Villas? I hope you do not have a lot of steps to climb after diving. It does say tourist QR code is required!

And if you don't have a booking-QR code they "deport" you?!
Not a chance, they need foreign tourists.
You can find the answer on #59.
There are staffs to assist those without QR code and hotel reservation.

At the moment -plane, ferry, bus schedules in the Philippines can change at a moments notice. The only real reliable info is from the ticket agent in person. Just something to keep in mind....

At the moment -plane, ferry, bus schedules in the Philippines can change at a moments notice. The only real reliable info is from the ticket agent in person. Just something to keep in mind....
Nothing has changed in this country. The only reliable info is arriving at the respective spots(airport, bus/ferry terminal) personally.
My own personal application for Tourist QR code is still...... I am taking my chance regardless.
The approval for e travel QR took less than 30s after submitting. Unbelievable.

02 Feb 2023.
1. My own application for Tourist QR Code gone no where. So I travelled without one.
2. Only hotel confirmation was required at Balatelo pier. No idea what would happen if anyone does not posses one.
3. I suspect the QR Code is history but cannot confirm it.

The total cost from NAIA T3 to Sabang was around P1,600.00(US$30.00).

02 Feb 2023.
1. My own application for Tourist QR Code gone no where. So I travelled without one.
2. Only hotel confirmation was required at Balatelo pier. No idea what would happen if anyone does not posses one.
3. I suspect the QR Code is history but cannot confirm it.

The total cost from NAIA T3 to Sabang was around P1,600.00(US$30.00).
Thanks for conducting the QR Code experiment! Did they still have the separate lines they had last week at Balatero? Sorry we missed you. Left yesterday, and would have gladly bought the first round for all your contributions to the forum. 🍻

Had great diving and perfect weather today in Anilao. Looks perfectly blue towards looking over the strait Mindoro / Puerto Galera now. Clearly you brought the weather. Saw so many critters that I had never seen before that I am still not entirely sure what they were. Checking wife’s pictures. I know we saw many different nudibranchs everywhere we glanced, skeleton shrimp, very large, very colorful octopus of some type, a group of blue rays…really nice. The air temp is in mid 80s F, under sunny skies, water at 25 C. Enjoy PG!

0FC7F66B-3F68-4316-AE2A-364BBA14673F.jpeg

@Johncn
LOL. Yesterday was sunny and finger crossed.
There were still separated lines at Balatero.
The recent unseasonal rain meant a lot of mossie around!! Bitten twice while sleeping in a AC room and covered with a blanket as my exposed ear and one hand were too much to be ignored.

Anilao is well known for macro so I am pretty sure both of you will enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom