compressor / camping trailer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigchrisb

Registered
Reaction score
I'm toying with the idea of setting up a compressor/camper trailer for my gear, so that I have a mobile dive base again. (some of you may have seen photos of my compressor mounted to the front of an old truck and running off the AC pulley - regrettably the truck is no more).

I'm thinking of setting up a system in a trailer with 4 banks of EAN32, fill panel, and O2 supply cylinder (when needed for deco bottles - not regular use). For extended trips, I'd add on a small gas powered compressor (bauer utilis), and CB stick. The main compressor is a 3 phase electric Bauer K14 compressor set up in the garage.

Most of my diving happens on short trips away for 2-4 days, and camping for accommadation. I'm thinking of setting it up so that I can pump up the banks at home from the electric compressor, and use that for most of the fills. Also to add in to the system would be some storage for dive tanks, tubs, and suits, along with a small fold-out kitchen (basic gas camp stove etc).

Anyone ever done anything similar, and and tips and tricks?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom