Aldora Dive or Scuba Du?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TJL

Reaction score
So, does anyone have an opinion regarding the following two dive companies?

Aldora Dive ~or~ Scuba Du?

Thanks everyone!!!

ps.
Sue;
Thanks for your response...

Hi Sweet Sue,

I'm baffled as to how you selected these two to compare out of the about 100 dive ops active on Coz. They are quite different.

Scuba Du is hotel-based, with the original shop at the El Presidente Intercontinental (south) & a newer one at the El Cozumeleno (north). Aldora has a free-standing shop in town, across from the original hyperbaric chamber.

Aldora draws experienced divers & tries to limit boats to six, while Scuba Du draws a mixed bag, including newbies, and can take as many as 16. Not surprizingly, Scuba Du is a bit more regimented.

Related to the above, Scuba Du dives standard aluminum 80CF tanks, while Aldora dives steel 120CF tanks. As such, Aldora divers have enough gas for long, deep dives & in fact do them. These tanks require that your reg be converted to a high pressure fitting, which Aldora does for you at no cost.

A two tanker with Aldora is $70, while it's around $60 with Scuba Du.

Both have nice boats, although Scuba Du's are nicer, and both have professional, safety-oriented crews.

Nice thing is, either choice you win.

If this reply has raised additional questions, feel free to post them.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Thanks so much for your input... My boyfriend and I decided on these two places after an extensive research on the net. I really feel that Aldora Dive will give me the experience that will be extremely personalized, especially since I am a newbie. And that is what I am looking for. I am currently getting Certified, however I have not had the diving experience yet and want to make sure that with whom ever I choose to dive with, that it will make me want more and more. I liked the fact that Aldora Dive only allows 6 people per boat and after speaking with them on the phone, I think i'm going to get certified through them as well. At least take my test with them because it's way too cold here in New York right now... We also decided to stay at the Costa Club and Aldora can get us discounted room prices with this hotel.. So, that is an even bigger plus! Thanks so much! And happy diving to everyone!
- Tara Jean

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom