Advice (1 diver, 1 non-diver ) for 2 week trip in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shore based diving is NOT that common in Philippines.
Malapascua, Moalboal and Dauin.
Apologies i meant not liveaboard.

So basically, Bohol is just not as good as the other places, period?

I understsood from many other threads Malapascua was basically Thresher Sharks or average reef?

^
Malapascua has more than just thresher shark.
The trouble with Balicasag is the quota. However, Pamilacan is very good for snorkelling.

Reactions: Lp
Sipalay has better beach than Alona Beach.

No experienced with this operator but believe it is under German management. The one that I had used couple of times, Artistic, is no longer offering diving.

Shore based diving is NOT that common in Philippines.
Malapascua, Moalboal and Dauin.
There are many other beaches on both Panglao and Bohol other than Alona, For a non-diver there are many option and resorts to choose from. It's very quite here at the moment, so tickets for Balicasag should not be an issue.

Anda + Panglao + Dauin is easily done with short travel times.

Also Malapaxcua + Moalboal + Dauin or Panglao is also easy, although with slightly longer travel times.

The only issue with Sipalay is the time it take to get there. It's a good spin from Dauin. There is also very littlel to do there, although the diving is nice.

I guess you just need to decide how much travel you want.

Back
Top Bottom