Zoop went crazy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a cobra and a Suunto Zoop. When using both of them in Cozumel this fall I had two errors on the brand new Zoop while my Cobra operated flawlessly. Someone said that there is a software issue with the Zoop. Any ideas or a place to go to get it fixed?

There will be a lot of different assumptions/interpretations regarding you mean by "went crazy."
Here is the link to the pressure module failure lawsuit settlement:
Home | Suunto Dive Computer Settlement

Dang, i bought Suunto for my whole family.

Dang, i bought Suunto for my whole family.
My sympathies. After years of reading SB about computer problems, it is my impression that Suuntos seem to dominate these reports. Seems unlikely that it is just because there are a lot of Suuntos out there; I doubt there are more Suuntos than all other brands put together, or that Suunto owner have worse luck than the owners of other brands. Perhaps my impression is at fault.

My sympathies. After years of reading SB about computer problems, it is my impression that Suuntos seem to dominate these reports. Seems unlikely that it is just because there are a lot of Suuntos out there; I doubt there are more Suuntos than all other brands put together, or that Suunto owner have worse luck than the owners of other brands. Perhaps my impression is at fault.
Your impression is my impression. People have these really nifty Suunto computers that they are very proud of but right now they are using an (X) computer because the Suunto is being repaired.

Suunto just lost a lawsuit because they knew there was some kind of issue with pressure and Depth readings.

Suunto just lost a lawsuit because they knew there was some kind of issue with pressure and Depth readings.
Actually, lawsuit was neither won nor lost. The settlement has been operative since July, and the court recently confirmed it in a “fairness” hearing. To this date, Suunto has not admitted or confirmed any of the allegations, or any problems with the product.

From the FAQs:
Both sides in the lawsuit agreed to a settlement to avoid the cost and risk of further litigation, including a potential trial, and so that the Class Members can get benefits, in exchange for releasing Defendants from liability. The Settlement does not mean that Defendants broke any laws or did anything wrong, and the Court did not decide which side was right. This Settlement has been preliminarily approved by the Court, which authorized the issuance of this Notice. The Class Representatives and the lawyers representing them (called “Class Counsel”) believe that the Settlement is in the best interests of all Class Members.

Actually, lawsuit was neither won nor lost. The settlement has been operative since July, and the court recently confirmed it in a “fairness” hearing. To this date, Suunto has not admitted or confirmed any of the allegations, or any problems with the product.

From the FAQs:
Both sides in the lawsuit agreed to a settlement to avoid the cost and risk of further litigation, including a potential trial, and so that the Class Members can get benefits, in exchange for releasing Defendants from liability. The Settlement does not mean that Defendants broke any laws or did anything wrong, and the Court did not decide which side was right. This Settlement has been preliminarily approved by the Court, which authorized the issuance of this Notice. The Class Representatives and the lawyers representing them (called “Class Counsel”) believe that the Settlement is in the best interests of all Class Members.
Well I know I have three Suunto DC and I have to wait until they go wrong to send them in and get a replacement, with no guarantee that the replacement will be any better. I guess I 'll be saving my pennies for a Teric or some other reliable computer for next Christmas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom