Zoop scratches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cavtrooper

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So, I got a deal on a Zoop that had been used as rental gear but it has a scratch on the screen. Is there any way to fix it? Also, where do I go to get the wrist mount. It is currently in a console.

Reality is that the scratch is likely to be "invisible" under water. Check it out, may be a non-issue.

Is the scratch on the screen or the plastic screen protector? If it's on the screen protector, just buy another one. They're cheap.

Suunto sells a wrist mount boot, watch strap style, for the Zoop,and several other computers with that form factor. A better option is the bungie mount boot from Deep Sea Supply and it is probably cheaper than the Suunto mount.
The scratches may just be on the screen protector. If I had a rental computer I would want to put a screen protector on to protect my investment.

The Zoop comes with a plastic screen protector installed. It is very easy to change, but do not be surprised if you break off one of the "ears" when removing the old one. We currently have 2 Gekkos, 1 Zoop, and 1 Vyper, which all use the same screen protector. I do not usually change a screen protector unless it has a gouge or crack.

So, I got a deal on a Zoop but it has a scratch on the screen. Is there any way to fix it?

It has "a" scratch? As already mentioned, put it under water.

Hi,
as other members have mentioned the screen shields (SS0V5875000) can be changed easily. Even if it's on the screen itself I'd test it under water to see if it's really disturbing before trying anything else. As for the wrist mount, you can purchase either a strap mount (SS0V5841000) or the bungee boot (SS020628000) at any Suunto dealer or via their respective web shops. All necessary parts included...

locator.suunto.com

best, Hendrik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom