zoop reads 0.0m at depth, but takes temperature ok

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ballastbelly

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi , my zoop remained displaying 0.0m depth during the dive today :(
its the first time i used it this year. battery is 3 out of 4 bars (last year it was 4/4) .
It gave an accurate temperature reading throughout though.

does it need further cleaning, or is this indicative of a low battery? thanks
B

PS
-(according to the manual 2 or 1 bars is a low battery situation)
-i always rinse it in freshwater after each use.
-this photo shows the various holes on the back, which one is used for depth reading /temperature reading?

TB26kakfpXXXXcwXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!203690869.jpg

I have heard many stories about Suunto depth sensors going out and never a good outcome hope yours is a simple cheap fix.

Try soaking it in distilled water with a bit of vinegar. Your fresh water may be hard water and you could have mineral build up from that and general usage. That said the sensor is probably dead and the only option is to buy a new one.

However, Suunto does (or used to) have a prorated warranty up to five years so sending it back to them might be in-order.

The preasure sensor on my Zoop opted to stay at 15 ft after a dive, everything else seemed to work normally. I took it down for another dive, it registered the depth changes, up and down - actual depth+15 ft. All under the earlier dive.
I had recently put a new battery in (4 months, 3 or 4 dives), so I popped out the battery. I polished the battery made sure that there was no dust inside and closed it up again. It worked fine after.
The 999 minute dive in the logbook makes me chuckle tho. :)

Sounds like a bad pressure sensor. Rinsing won't help that. Contact Suunto or one of their authorized service centers.

i put it in a 50-50% vineagar/water solution and after 30 minutes, from 0.0m it came to life, sort of. it started registering 80m depth and giving all sorts of warnings, finishing with the Er error to show the user is bent beyond whats in the computer tables. I pulled out the battery & cleared the warning.
I will compare it tomorrow in the water with my friends dive computer. thx for all your comments.

i come across a similar problem on a zoop i seen. the zoop is probably 2 year old.. its the black version.

placed it into a altrasonic cleaner with temp.. then zoop came alive and registered 2m for 40min.. which is strange as the water is no depth.. anyway.. after that put it into the pressure chamber... got it up to 40m.. nothing happen.. nothing turns on..

i am thinking, if really the sensor is having a bad connection and when all this vibration is going on.. it just get a connection... anyone has a similar age zoop having this problem? i am not even sure suunto will have one for exchange since they have move on to the zoop novo.. And i have been hearing some problem with the zoop novo too!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom