Zoop Novo Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vandros

Registered
Reaction score
Thought I would do a review of my new dive watch

Well I brought a new Zoop Novo................. hasn't touched water and i'm already thinking what a mistake............ I can hardly press the buttons have to use my thumb as fingers not strong enough, and it hurts if i have to press more than a few at a time. After playing with for 5mins i have indents and bruises on my thumb.
The down button is especially bad and only works every third press, no matter how hard you press.

Absolutely no chance of pressing them with a glove on :)

Completely useless for diving as you would have to take your glove off each time to do basic things like activate the backlight etc

thumb1.jpg
thumb2.jpg

Will add a post about Suunto return process shortly

Rang Suunto, was told they wouldn't replace as it would need to go back to the retailer (which as i brought overseas is not so easy) however they wouldn't confirm if they would repair either...............

have pulled the front face off and the down button is clearly bent sideways

button.jpg

Could a local dealer help you send it in to SUUNTO, or does it have to be original dealer only?
The reason I ask is that people buy equipment on vacation in , say, Indonesia, or wherever, are not going to send stuff around the world, so it can get sent around the world to SUUNTO.

Suunto, were helpful. Though wouldn't replace it unless sent to original retailer (which wasn't feasible as on other side of world)
Was sent to local repairer who replaced whole internal module apparently. Took less than 5 days and free of charge no questions asked.

All the buttons seem much easier to press now, as well.

Had the same problem with my new Zoop Novo purchased last year. Watched a video somewhere...(perhaps on YouTube) that showed some kind of rocker plate that coupled two of the push buttons, thus relieving the bullet-point pressure you are describing when entering the various mode selections. I can find nothing of this anywhere as a Suunto accessory for the Novo. Perhaps it's only available in certain territories. My Zoop Novo is used as a "back-up" to my Sherwood Wisdom 3 console, so I've learned to live with its many short-comings...

Mate, I made the same mistake. Entry level computer, basic Air, basic Nitrox, what more does a girl need?? Oh, a positive review (or several) maybe. So, I read the reviews and got the computer and made a brave attempt to set it up. Bruised thumbs big time. This is not my only gripe. Want to change from Air to Nitrox? Don't expect the button pressing sequence to be logical. By the time you work it out, you'll be lucky to have flesh left on your thumbs! I'll keep the thing anyway and dive with it because, after all, it was cheap. And a hassle to return it to the US. I guess you get what you paid for. Will never buy another Suunto however. Once burned.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom