Zoom Gears

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nick_L_

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This is not a big deal. But has anyone had any luck removing their zoom gears from their lenses? Or has any tips how to? My fingers are starting to hurt when I shoot topside.

Usually you can pull them right off. They're just held by o-ring tension. Be careful with some lenses, though, as if they're tight they can sometimes pull off the rubber adjustment ring on the lens with the gear (Tokina 10-17 for instance)

Usually you can pull them right off. They're just held by o-ring tension. Be careful with some lenses, though, as if they're tight they can sometimes pull off the rubber adjustment ring on the lens with the gear (Tokina 10-17 for instance)

Ever have a lens repaired? I have a Nikon 60mm with the rubber cover that will not stay in place?

Yes, Tokina fixed mine for a very reasonable charge. I din’t know what Nikon charges.

Back
Top Bottom