Zoom Evo - Bifocal Lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roy_W

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Folks,

I am considering the Zoom Evo + Bifocal lenses but I am unsure as to the correction that I should order.

My eyes are +1.75 and +2.0 but I have read that due to the natural magnification of the water that I should choose a slightly lower magnification.

However the Zoom Evo bifocals only come in +1 increments. I feel that dropping down to +1s would not be enough and at the same time I am a little worried that +2s could be too strong.

Does anyone have any experience of this new mask and most notably the Bi-Focal lenses.

Thanks in advance
Roy

I find I need slightly more diopter under water in spite of the magnification effect. The reason is that we read gauges much closer than a book. In your case I'd go for the +2.0 diopter.

Hi Hatul,

I bought a pair of Hydrotac's at 1.75 and I see what you mean, they are not really strong enough, so as you mentioned I think I will definitely go for the 2.0s.

I received the mask today and it is a great fit, I am looking forward to my next dive, even though it I will have to wait until next month.

Cheers Roy

In the end I bought full lenses, +2 Hypermetropic and I love them, I can easily read my computer, albeit at a slight distance.

My only complaint was removing the existing lenses, they were slightly stuck onto the inner rubber seal and as such the tore the seal a little. On saying that thought the new lenses inserted easily and did not present any leaks.

Glad I listened to Hatul, thanks Hatul, 1.5s would definitely not have been enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom