ZipSeal Questions...well zip gloves to be exact

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chucknorris

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Greetings,
I am thinking about sending my drysuit in to get some zipseals put in. All I want is the gloves but I am a little confused by their order form and worried they may have made it confusing on purpose. Are the gloves included in the price of the zip glove install (I think like $228 or something)? All I want is for the fititng to go on my drysuit and connect the gloves...all in the same return package from DUI! I am thinking the gloves may come seperate b/c there are diff. kinds of gloves for diff. prices and are in a diff. category then the zip glove install price on the site. Anyone had this done and know the final price for this? I also see they may or may not hit you for a $60 testing fee *cough* BULL**** *caugh*...haha I picture that somewhere in CA there are a bunch of guys glueing a drysuit or two a day then walking out to the dui parking lot and driving their bently's home...

And perhaps more important is...IS IT WORTH IT?!

Thanks guys/ladies!

Not sure where you are but Inland Divers in Leicester, MA sell/have DUI zip seals and can install them. Probably for a lot less and faster too. That being said, I got to play with the zip gloves in the store and I'm not going to put them on either of my drysuits. I'me very concerned about the seal coming undone when I'm "reconstructing" the rock pile getting at bugs. If you were a no-touch diver, they would be great. Just my 2 cents.

decapoddiver:
I'me very concerned about the seal coming undone when I'm "reconstructing" the rock pile getting at bugs. If you were a no-touch diver, they would be great. Just my 2 cents.

LOL. I always laugh to myself when I'm remodeling a rock pile, "Gee, I guess it's a good thing I'm not in the tropic's hunting on some reef. This would probably put some DM into sphincter lock!"

Paul

paulthenurse:
LOL. I always laugh to myself when I'm remodeling a rock pile, "Gee, I guess it's a good thing I'm not in the tropic's hunting on some reef. This would probably put some DM into sphincter lock!"

Paul

That is kind of nice. I can move a big log, turnover a rock, and nobody cares, except that the fish that come out to see what's new and tasty.

Terry

I haven't had any problems with my zip gloves, and I've done some nasty things to them. Same thing with my buddy (who's got a ton more dives on them than mine.) About the only thing I'd say would be to get the blue heavy duty ones vice the orange max-dex ones, which seem to hold up better to wear and tear.

As for the install, I am not sure, but could get you an answer pretty fast. In reality, just give DUI a call and they'll tell you straight up what you will need to order. Their customer service is great, and they're super willing to answer any questions you have.

Zip gloves...

Had 'em for years. Hundreds of dives on them. Punted them last year for the much better Diving Concepts drygloves.

a) Zip gloves are NOT included in the price for a Zip Seal conversion.

b) They are about $136 a shot to replace. (compare to the DC gloves system that cost $140... and replacement gloves are $17 - not $136 a pair.)

c) You can dress bare-handed, and simply snap the DC gloves on before you go in. Same when you get out... just snap them off and you're bare-handed. Makes getting dressed / undressed much easier.

The Diving Concepts gloves are just a better system. I mounted them to my existing Zip Seals - and now have the best of both worlds. I dive with dry gloves year round in SoCal - because I am photographing on most dives and as I move the arms for the strobes about from shot to shot, I get tendon leaks...

Love em!

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom