ZipGloves - Blue or Orange?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chewie07

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Jessica,

I just got to try out a pair of zipgloves this weekend and I thought they were fantastic! I had no problem doffing or donning my drysuit at all! Opened my eyes to a new level of comfort (I never could get my neoprene gloves on comfortably over the zipseals).

But, this was my first experience with any drygloves and I got to try the orange ones for the entire weekend (we were at Dutch Springs, so I dove my usual spots/attractions, practiced upline/lift bag deployment etc.) and I never felt concerned that the gloves would tear when I ran them through my battery of tests.

So, how much of a dexterity difference is there between the orange and blue/smurf? Would you recommend the blue or the orange (what is the "actual" difference between the two) for routine diving (wrecks included)?

Thanks! And the zipgloves were a blast!

Hi!

I am glad you liked the zip gloves! They are really awesome. We have a few different options for ZipGloves. Below is a description...

ZipGlove descriptions...
Maximum Dexterity (orange) - dry gloves with the most dexterity, you just want to be careful putting your hands down or scraping the gloves over any kind of sharp surface, because they are not as durable as some of the others.
Heavy-Duty (HD) (blue) -dry gloves that are twice as thick as the orange gloves, more durable, less dexterity
Neoprene -dry gloves that are by far the most durable, but take a little getting used to in the dexterity department :). These gloves are excellent if you are a hands-on type of person or if you like to lobster dive.

The orange and blue gloves are also available with a Dam option (WD). The Dam is an inner seal on the glove that prevents the suit from flooding should you puncture the glove.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Jessica
DUI

Back
Top Bottom