Zeagles and pool work

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lukiedukie

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Will my new Zeagle bleach if I go to play in a pool? I am still wanting to work some kinks out of me diving and I would love to use my new bcd and wetsuit to get everything setup properly before I jump into the quarry for the first time. Any ideas on this or should I just take a guess and wait till this weekend to work things out?

An occasional dip in the local pool will not have any great adverse affect upon your Zeagle if you follow the dip with a good fresh water rinse.

Having said that, may I add that a constant diet of chlorine will bleach any B/C.

It's very prudent of you to work on your setup before you dive.

It's not fun to guess and be wrong.

the K

What Kraken said is true.

BCs made of nylon pac cloth like the Scout, Escape & Zena will be effected the most.

The cordura or ballistic materials used in the Stiletto, Ranger & LTD, etc are much more impervious to chlorine and sun.

Chad

I used my Escape in the pool quite a bit, and it still looks as new as the day I bought it.

I do rinse it after every trip to the pool.

Rinse, rinse and then rinse. I have had my Brigade in the pool a few times but my LDS doesn't use a lot of chlorine either, no problems.

Um...yeah, what they said!!! :D

Hope you are enjoying the new toy Luke!! It was nice meeting you and your girlfriend at the shop!!!

Scott

Scott the brigade worked great and I was shocked at how much weight I could drop off compared to the Mares I had been diving with. I have been in the pool with shorts and a tee shirt with 10 lbs on me. Tonight I stated off with 10 and dropped like a rock. I pulled out lead and ended up at 8 lbs and I was now slowly decending like I was with the Mares at 10 lbs. I do not know if the mares was holding air or what but I like carrying. At six lbs of lead I was able to hover in the middle of the pool with just a little air in the bcd and normal breathing. I was unable to do a proper eye level test as teh pool was at 90 degrees tonight and I only had access to almun 65. Looks like I will hopfully get everything dialed in on Sunday when I get to go play. Thank you for the time you spent getting me fitted right and taking the taking the time to talk to me and Firegodess. Has she told you how much she loves her Zena? If Zeagle ever wants a customer reference please hit either one of us up we would love to provide you with one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom