Zeagle Zena fit and sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

x98bjv

New
Reaction score
I need some fit advice from anyone familiar with the Zeagle Zena BCD. I gave my measurements to my LDS and they custom ordered a Zena that came back with a 2XL vest, XL front panel and 2XL straps. Well, let me just say I'd have to be 6'8" large dude to fit into that monster.

I've now determined that I need a size medium shoulder, and I can wear the other components as they are now, but everything is cinched down as tight as it can go and the bust is still too big. So I know I want to size down the front panel to probably a large but I need to know if I do that, will that also size down the waist? I'd like to have a smaller waist fit so I don't have to cinch it the entire way. I'm afraid if I size down the front panel AND the vest, that it will be like I'm going down two sizes. Advice?

I have the Zeagle Zena, XS shoulders and vest/waist. I'm 5 foot, waist 28" and 135#. There is excess webbing on the vest/waist portion to fit you. If you are 34"-37" in the bust and waist, I would try the medium. Hope this helps!

Sounds like you need to go down at least one size for all components. My Zena is made up of different sizes. Keep at it. Sorry to hear they got it so wrong though.

Hang in there and get it right. You will love it! I have been wearing a size Large BCD with a small vest. The shoulder straps seem too long when seated on the boa,t but they are better underwater. I also have to cinch the straps down again after I am settled in the water.

Size down the front panel and shoulders and see how that goes. Keep in mind that the “waist” straps are the middle ones not the bottom ones. Too many people wear the Zenas incorrectly. The middle strap should be tight below your rib cage (or at least the very bottom of your rib cage).

I know they’re often worn incorrectly not only because I used to have one and saw too many worn wrong, but I worked closely with the VP of R&D for Zeagle for many years on the various component parts and add ons for both Zenas and Stilletos.

Size down the front panel and shoulders and see how that goes. Keep in mind that the “waist” straps are the middle ones not the bottom ones. Too many people wear the Zenas incorrectly. The middle strap should be tight below your rib cage (or at least the very bottom of your rib cage)..

Yes! And when it's all lined up correctly it's very comfy. Adding a crotch straps helps immensely (sorry if you've read me say that in a few other threads!). I jump in with things 'sort of' lined up and then go horizontal to pull and tug all the straps into place - and the first strap I pull is the crotch strap. Once the BC is lined up vertically (so that waist strap is in the right spot horizontally) everything else is simple.

Agree with @DiveMaven. I've had my Zena for about 7 years. I never touch the shoulders, only the side straps. It took me a while to get the shoulders right. I have to loosen the sides while on the boat in order to be able to zip up the front. As long as the shoulders are right, tightening the sides in the water makes it a perfect fit.

Good Luck!

I tried my Zena Zeagle a couple of weeks ago. Both the BCD and the vest insert are size small. I had to loosen all but the shoulder straps in order to zip it up. Once zipped up, I would tighten all straps. I actually was thinking of getting a medium panel, so I can get it zipped up easier(easily seasick, so I just want to get up as fast as possible without looking down too long), then tighten straps. I am 5'4" 140 pounds, the medium BCD was way too big for me. Otherwise I liked the feel of the BCD. I used 2-4 pounds less weight than with my previous TUSA.

I used a Zena for about four years and loved it. However, I got really tired of having to adjust the shoulder strap and the straps on the side every time I dived. Just way too many adjustments got me cranky. So I went to a backplate and wing and absolutely love it! So much less hassle getting in and out of it and much lighter, too. However, if a backplate and wing isn't your cup of tea, the Zena really is a great BCD for women. Happy diving!

I used a Zena for about four years and loved it. However, I got really tired of having to adjust the shoulder strap and the straps on the side every time I dived. Just way too many adjustments got me cranky. So I went to a backplate and wing and absolutely love it! So much less hassle getting in and out of it and much lighter, too. However, if a backplate and wing isn't your cup of tea, the Zena really is a great BCD for women. Happy diving!

If anything ever goes wrong with my Zena I'll look into the back plate & wing. Right now I feel like I have everything dialed in to near perfection (for me) and don't want to change anything and have to readjust. But it's definitely on my mind for a possibility in the future ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom