Zeagle Teleoz fins - any experience?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubawife

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In the interest of lightening up my bag for travel, and attempting to pair down so I can get the gear in carry-on when needed, I bought a set of Teleoz fins. I dive with a Scout BC and really like it.

I was very disappointed with the fins. I read they were light weight (true) and had good propulsion (not so true). They are hard plastic but after what I'd read I figured Zeagle is a good brand and I'd give them a shot. I expected to have to get used to them, but after 2 dives I had such tired cramping legs that I gave up and went back to my old fins.

Has anyone else tried these fins? Is there some trick or technique I'm missing?

I found the sandal-style foot “pocket” quite comfortable—unfortunately, these fins are completely useless underwater (IMHO, of course).

I must say I thought they were usless too. But after using them more, I found that they kind of grew on me. If you flutter kick with them, I found you must bend your knees more (exactly what us dive instructors tell you not to do). You kick more with them but there is less resistance so i think it is a trade off. If in a current or doing a pike dive while snorkeling I the dolphin kick to get to speed and than switch back to flutter. When crusing a reef I use a copter kick.
I did a 100' timed swim against my Blades and was suprised that the times were so close. I did not count kick cycles but I bet with the Zeagle fins I had twice as many as the Blades but because of the less resistance, I was less tired.
I like the packablity. I use one foot pocket to protect my mask (don't have to pack a mask box) and the other for my computer. I find the foot pocket very comfortable (I have wide feet) and like the ability to not have to wear boots. I am ordering my wife a pair this summer and letting her get use to them in the pool. Since I always end up carrying her gear, I am going to lighten my load. They are unconventional but I like them.
Tim

Thanks for the feedback. I will give them another try on my next trip in April. I really hope I can get the hang of it because they are sooooo much lighter and the foot pocket was comfortable.

DiveTyme, you like those floppy force fins too I've heard! I think I'd like to try yours again other than just in the pool. Have a good trip!

Dennis

Back
Top Bottom