Zeagle scout BCD and weights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Duvald

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey! I'm looking at the zeagle scout and I had some questions about the weight pockets. I typically dive in a 3 or 5 mm suit in warm/temperate water. I've been reading through some of the posts and it sounds like you don't want to put more then 6 pounds or so on the back because it can cause you to rock up. I have floaty feet that tend to put me in a head down position more easily than not so that may actually help me lol. Where else do you put your weights? I'm only 5'4" and the bcd goes all.the way to my hips so a weight belt would not be comfortable. The front two pockets come with weight pouches, but the bottom is mesh. How much weight can you put in those front pockets? Has anyone added more trim pockets to the straps on the front? Thanks!

The Scout is not really considered to be a weight integrated BC. The pockets themselves can hold more, up to a total of 16 lbs. I would use those only as trim weights, with more weight on a ditchable weight harness or weight belt.

Head up, feet down. It fit really well and I'm mainly going to be traveling to go diving.
Head up feet down is a trim issue, weight on the back has less to do with it than where it sits head to toe, there are other options on B/C’s, I’ve recently switched to an Aqualung Outlaw for travel (previously used back plate and wing which is also an option if you can find a short plate.) all of the major players make nice travel B/C’s I found the outlaw to fit my needs perfectly, very low inherent buoyancy and easy to break it down for packing, don’t limit your choices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom