Zeagle Ranger LTD Zipper Thing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

android

Contributor
Reaction score
Anybody have a Ranger LTD that could send some photos of how the zippers for the accessory mounts are situated?

I am thinking of DIYing something similar for my regular Ranger.

Thanks,
Andy

android:
Anybody have a Ranger LTD that could send some photos of how the zippers for the accessory mounts are situated?

I am thinking of DIYing something similar for my regular Ranger.

Thanks,
Andy

e-mail me via the board(don't want to post my e-mail address here) and I'll send you a picture.

It's not exactly rocket science though, all it is is a 7" length of coarse toothed zipper doublestitched to the bladder compartment. The stitching only goes through one thickness of the material so there's no chance of puncturing the bladder. It's mounted exactly 1 inch from where the Zeagle flap with the clip is sewn to the bladder itself.

Then you just buy the accessory holder/pocket from Zeagle and it comes with the matching zipper part. You could get the same result if you just bought a pony/spare air and sewed the holster to your Ranger. Maybe even velcro so you could change items - though I'd hate to see my $300 pony suddenly detach and head for the bottom.

Steve

sjspeck:
Maybe even velcro so you could change items - though I'd hate to see my $300 pony suddenly detach and head for the bottom.

Steve

Boy that is a pretty cheap pony. I guess you're going to have to find a new spot to stash him once he grows up to be a horse. :wink:

No velcro. I'm making a zipper that will be compatible with the existing accessories. It will hook into the webbing where the tank bands and bladder attach. We're building it Monday night, so I'll post pics some time next week.

Back
Top Bottom