Zeagle Ranger BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mc-gyver

Reaction score
Hi.

Anyone tried too modify their Ranger BC to hardbackplate ? My back kind of hurts after diving. How is the soft lumbar pad ? Will this solve my problem ?

I did. I wished and wished, but it was still the same BC. I got the lumbar pad but when I put it on it pushed the bc even farther away from my back and I did not like it. The shop even gave me a little grief for returning it even though I had not put it in water.

My wish came true when I bit the bullet and got the Halcyon rig. EE will let you try any of their products for 30 days, and return if no like, no questions asked. This goes for the $50 Dive Alert Marker or 1200# HID light.

Will you be joining what seems like half this board and off loading another Ranger on Ebay?

By the way, the bp is much, much more comfy than the Ranger to me.

Ask a question, how many people have bought the BP, and then sold it on Ebay for a Ranger.

Tommy

I would suggest you check the fit and adjustment of your Ranger. If the BC is worn too high on your back, the load will not be transferred to your body correctly. The only addition I made to my Ranger was a crotch strap. I use an HP 120 and have no problems getting back on the boat in 3 to 4 ft seas which have been all to prevalent of late. I have added a link to Zeagle so you can see some pictures of what I'm trying to describe.
http://zeagle.com/bc2001_design.htm
DSAO

Pug speaks wisely.

My experience with my Ranger when I first got it was to stuff all the weight into the pockets until they were bulging.

Now after much more diving experience, I've discovered that spreading the weight around (such as possible with BP/Wings setups) the same amount of weight is much more comfortable to wear. Plus my profile in the water is better and easier to control (aka head up/head down).

I've not found anything that says "yes" to ability to put a backplate on the ranger, but I still have one person to ask who is most likely to have an answer. I shall see him this week and try to remember to inquire.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom