Zeagle Ranger Age ID?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

horn34

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking at a used Ranger and the owner doesn't know the age, thinks it's "not too old". I'm thinking 10+ years, but I'm trying to narrow it down, since I think he's asking too much. Guesses?

ranger3.jpg

ranger2.jpg

ranger1.jpg

I own the same one. Still works fine and all I've ever done is upgrade the inflator to their BX model since you can unscrew it to flush the bladder easily. Everything else has held up.

I bought it around 2004 but it was Not a new model then. I'd seen them at the LDS a few years earlier.

Since about 2010/11 there's a newer model. Might be a little later than that.

That does not look like the inflator that came with mine originally so you may want to ask about that.

It will pack in a big suitcase - I travel with a hard-bottom rolling duffel but not in a carry-on.

Thanks. I figured 10-15, but it may be older. Since you have one, what is the red pull handle for? I know it's not a weight pocket.

Actually it sort of is.

It's the Ripcord Weight System handle, Pull it and Both Front weight pockets dump together,

It's attached to two long plastic cords that thread back/forth on the bottom of the weight pockets. Nice thing is they;re endlessly re-threadable,

See the two zippered pockets on the lower left side in the 2nd photo - the front one is for your stuff. the back one is a weight pocket. There's also yellow mesh weight bags that may have come with so ask if he's got those.

If you have a tank on and are standing, the front pockets are pretty difficult to open.

I usally unzip the back pockets and hand up my weights - the yellow bags have handles.

Cool, thanks guys. I thought it was some kind of dump valve.

I have a Zeagle Covert and it has a completely different weight pouch system.

Not sure if this will help you or not, this one was purchased new in May of 2019. About the only difference I see is the inflator buttons.

p3588536160-5.jpg

p3588536019-5.jpg

Thanks. This thing is obviously old, but the owner is being very stubborn and confrontational about the whole thing. Just looking at it up close you can tell it's old.

The owner is claiming it is maybe 5 years old, because that's when he bought it and that I'm calling him a liar saying it's older. He seems to have forgotten that he told me it was used when he bought it, but I guess in Mexico, at the point you buy something, well that's how old it is.

Anyway, gonna pass on it, don't want to deal with this guy any more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom