zeagle octo + service manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kruer

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get an octo + service manual? I believe there is also one tool that I need to be able adjust the reg in the field. Our last trip both my wife and my Octo + plus leaked slightly while diving.

Any ideas what the tool is called or where to get one? It fits in the mouthpiece and keeps the valve from turning while the adjustment is made.

Wille

The tool is the end of the "special wrench" that Zeagle sells. A common screwdriver would serve the same purpose. You also need a metric (5.5mm, I believe) socket to turn the nut on the end of the poppet. First, remove the end cover, the diaphragm (this will expose the poppet, nut, and demand lever), and the mouthpiece. Turn the poppet nut while looking into the opening where the mouthpiece goes until you see the flat side of the poppet in the slot. Push the screwdriver tip into the slot to keep the poppet from turning while you turn the nut 1/4 turn counterclockwise. After each 1/4 turn adjustment, pressurize the Octo + to see if the leak stops.

Your Octo + poppet nut is adjusted too tightly. All it needs is some loosening up.

You might get some help to do this; my experience is that it pretty much requires at least three hands and maybe even four.

Don't forget to reinstall the diaphragm the right way and to test the purge capability of the reg after you tinker with it.

Back
Top Bottom