Zeagle gear for a new diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Started with a Stiletto LTD and liked it, but sold it as soon as I learned what a BP&W was. Zeagle is simple, rugged, and streamlined--but not as much so as a good BP&W.

I use to have an early Ranger and put a lot of dives on it. It was bullet proof! I wish I had never sold it. I just bought a Stiletto and it looks like a great BC... and will be hitting the water with it soon. IMO, you can't go wrong with Zeagle!

I'm finishing up my classes to get certified. So I'm gonna be buying my own gear. My lds is giving me a package deal with the stiletto bcd and ds-v zeagle enviro regulator. I have done pool time with this bcd and like it. I just wanted to now if this is good stuff it seem to be. I live in pa so I will be doin fresh water and be goin to Panama City fl for some diving also.
I own a DS-V. I own a Ranger, have dove a Stiletto and an Express Tech.

The DS-V is an excellent first stage. I dive it in fresh and salt water, warm and cold water, shallow and to recreational limits. It breaths well, is easy to service. I recommend it. I do not know what the LDS is offering for second stages. My personal preference would be the ZX, for both primary and alternate.

As for the Stiletto, I highly recommend it. I enjoy diving it. Zeagle BCDs are simple, functional, durable - and Zeagle has always stood behind their product. I had a 10 year old Ranger (and the original sales receipt) that had developed some tearing around a weight pocket (probably from using quite a bit of weight while diving a drysuit and a single AL80). I arranged to have it repaired by Zeagle - the only thing I paid for was the (modest cost of) shipping from NC to FL. Excellent repair work, and they shipped it back to me as good as new.

I don't know what the terms of the 'deal' being offered by the LDS might be. But, with regard to the reg and BCD, you will not be disappointed.

thumbs up on both. I have a DS-V and a ranger. I dive them both in salt and fresh water. They have around 225 dives on them, and are holding up as if I had purchased them yesterday.

We dive both Zeagle BC's and regs, and are totally satisfied. Besides being first-class stuff, their customer support is even better. How many other gear companies will put you in touch with their design engineer to talk about any issues? Go for it!

Another vote for zeagle, I have a Ranger and Envoy Deluxe Free parts on the service . Bcd still looks brand new 75 dives on it .

How many other gear companies will put you in touch with their design engineer to talk about any issues? Go for it!

Interesting that you mentioned this. I have been wondering if, since the buyout, this is still the case, and if Jim Fox, Zeagle's reg guru, is still with the company.

Good question above.

And I love my Stiletto. Fit and function it's perfect for me.

we have 2 rangers in the house and we love them both..wife is newly certified and has a new zena which she loves..she also has the zeagle onyx reg that she won't even let me try..what I;am trying to say is that with this produst line ,you can't go wrong

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom