Zeagle Express Tech Delux with Rip Cord

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manow

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I took my New Express Tech Delux to Thailand/Phuket for three (3) weeks, and went on 8 day trips. I made 21 dives using this BCD. Overall, it was great! I would buy this BCD again! It folds up small, and fits in my check bag without taking up much room, and doesn't weigh much. However, it isn't perfect. The only problem I had was trying to attach my Octo. (Scubapro R295). There really isn't a good way to attach the Octo using the BCD as it comes. Same issue with my SPG. I went to a local dive shop, and paid too much for a couple of simple D-rings, but this solved my problems. The BCD held up very well, and still looks new. It does tend to ride up (on the surface) if you put too much air in it, but you'll be at mouth level if you don't. In choppy conditions, it can be a pain. When returning to the boat, I found myself swimming on my back. Nothing is perfect. I've been considering the "crotch strap" but the idea of the strap riding up...well....I'm not sure that's the way to go. I'm looking for some type of pocket or pouch to attach to the belt so that I can bring along a few safety items. By the way, Leisure Pro gave me a great price on this BCD, and Zeagle quickly resolved an issue I had. Basically, I was sold the BCD with the Rip Cord, but the BCD was shiped without the rip cord system. Zeagle fixed this in a hurry! Both Leisure Pro and Zeagle are great shops to work with. I just picked up a new Scubapro Air-2, and I'll see how that works out on my next trip. Overall, I'm happy with Scubapro, Mares and Zeagle. The only issues I had during my trip were with an Ikelite Housing for a Canon S-95. I should have went with a Canon Housing. Be safe.

I just started diving scuba pro x-tec pure, I was worried about the crotch strap being annoying, but I dont even notice it..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom