Zeagle Express Inflator Flange Replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buadhai

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I have a pre-2014 Zeagle Express. It's about seven years old and lasted about 300 dives. It started leaking on my most recent dive because the threads on the inflator valve flange have cracked. It still threads and holds air if you're careful, but it needs to be fixed.

Photo attached.

I don't have confidence that I could replace the valve flange myself. I'd go for a complete inner bladder replacement, but Zeagle Express doesn't seem to have them for this BCD.

I live in rural Thailand, so finding someone to do the flange replacement wouldn't be easy.

Or, I could splurge and by a BCD with a better chance of being repaired here in Thailand. (Oxycheq seems to be common here.)

Any advice?

zeagle.jpg

I'm not sure if the plate design has been changed since your purchase,but if it's the same as mine,just about any wing can be installed.

Turns out Zeagle Express probably has a replacement inner bladder which they will ship to Thailand. If so, that's what I'll do.

Thanks for the replies.

Turns out Zeagle Express probably has a replacement inner bladder which they will ship to Thailand. If so, that's what I'll do.
Yep, that's the path you need to take. You really can't repair the threaded attachment point, without some effort and uncertainty about leaks. With a new bladder you will have a unit that will last for quite a few years.

Yep, that's the path you need to take. You really can't repair the threaded attachment point, without some effort and uncertainty about leaks. With a new bladder you will have a unit that will last for quite a few years.

Except I now find that Zeagle Express wants $308 for a new inner bladder plus $75 for a new elbow, hose and OPV to fit the new style bladder flange threads. That comes to over $380 just to replace the inner bladder.

They are selling a brand new Zeagle Express Tech for $385.

It doesn't seem to make any sense at all to repair an old BCD for only five bucks less than it would cost to buy a brand new one.

I do not know it it is world wide but when your BC was purchased Zeagle had a Life Time Warranty to the original owner in some parts of the world. It may not have been available in Thailand but worth checking into.

I do not know it it is world wide but when your BC was purchased Zeagle had a Life Time Warranty to the original owner in some parts of the world. It may not have been available in Thailand but worth checking into.

Interesting. I'm not sure how I'd enforce that. I bought the BCD when I was visiting the US and brought it back to Thailand.

I doubt I still have receipts or other proof of purchase.

Zeagle used to be a very customer service oriented company. Some of the things I have heard since Huish bought them indicate that may have changed. If you registered the BC when you bought it they should have a record of it.
Contact Zeagle directly and and ask them about the Warranty on a US purchased BC

I found the original invoice, so I'll contact Zeagle support. I'll post the results here….

Back
Top Bottom