Zeagle Concept II pro - good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvleemin

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
I am probably going to get a zeagle ranger. I was planning on getting a ranger for my fiancee, and it was recoomended to me that she may like the concept II pro better. I haven't heard much about this BC, and would like peoples opinion on it.

Thanks,

Darryl

Hi Darryl,
I have a Concept 2 Pro-got it last Aug.[a semi-emergency purchase- my old BC developed a problem immediately before I was leaving for a trip] I have done 21 dives with it (one trip -warm water). I like it a lot. I find it very comfortable and easy to use. It is similar to the Ranger in design and lift capacity, and has the same power inflator. It is, of course, back buoyancy and weight integrated-with the same weight ditching mechanism ("ripcord"?) as the Ranger. There are "trim weight" pockets attached to the tank strap.(The lower one of 2 straps).

It has several differences when compared to the Ranger: It has no pockets, but Zeagle makes some that can be attached in several ways (optional,of course). It is made of a nonballistic nylon, and is a less"tech oriented" than the Ranger-fewer D rings, plastic(?) D rings-and it can't be used with double tanks.
Some of these differences may be of no importance,or of major importance,depending on future dive plans.

Zeagle's website has a more detailed description of both BCs,and several others-including one specially designed for women divers-I believe its name is "Zena",or something like that.
hope this has been helpful, and let us know what you decide,
good luck,
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom