Zeagle and MiFlex Hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Osseous

Registered
Reaction score
I have generally been very happy with my Zeagle stuff- my Brigade BC is hands down the most comfortable and effective BC I've ever used. Fits so well I can hardly believe it. Posture in the water make diving with this design a complete joy. My Octo Z provides a great back up and allows for very easy rinsing of my BC after each dive. The only complaints I have are the air dump (a little harder than it oughta be- and pulling on the Octo Z rarely results in any dumping of air at all) and the constant tug of the standard hose when I am breathing off the Octo Z. I recently bought a MiFlex hose to try to alleviate some of the pulling on the mouthpiece- only to find that the fitting on the end of the MiFlex is "standard" sized, while the Octo Z uses an oversized QD fitting. Atomic's SS1 suffers this same issue, apparently-

I looked for a replacement receptacle to change the size of this QD connection, and found one through a local Dive Rite dealer- but their solution was a threaded piece and the Octo Z uses a push through design with a circlip to secure the fitting in the mouthpiece housing. Does anyone know of a reliable way to change the size of this fitting so that it can accomodate the MiFlex hose QD?

I think you might be stuck with the original hose
It's a high flow QD connection, which as you've found is different from the standard QD
Check out golem gear as they have some high flow QD connections and it might be worth asking them the question

Help is on the way... :D

Zeagle part # 342-7241-AA is a QD Adapter that will screw on to your reg hose and make it usable with the Octo-Z!!!!

Thanks,

Scott

Wonderful! That's what I was hoping you'd say!!! How do I get one?!? (and thanks! this is why I love and recommend Zeagle stuff!)

Called Scuba Toys and got one on order. Thanks again!~

;-(

This part doesn't do the trick, Scott. Assuming the folks at Scubatoys sent me the right item- this one has a threaded end where it would need to have a male coupler to go into the std size QD female of the MiFlex hose. There is no way to unscrew the connector on the MiFlex, it's crimped onto the hose itself. Is there an additional part which goes into the small QD? We're close, but not quite there yet.....

;-(

This part doesn't do the trick, Scott. Assuming the folks at Scubatoys sent me the right item- this one has a threaded end where it would need to have a male coupler to go into the std size QD female of the MiFlex hose. There is no way to unscrew the connector on the MiFlex, it's crimped onto the hose itself. Is there an additional part which goes into the small QD? We're close, but not quite there yet.....

I think you need a miflex reg hose, not a miflex bc QD hose, and the zeagle part goes in place of the reg at the end of the miflex and plugs into the zeagle QD directly. JMHO

I think you need a miflex reg hose, not a miflex bc QD hose, and the zeagle part goes in place of the reg at the end of the miflex and plugs into the zeagle QD directly. JMHO

That is correct. The adapter goes on a REG hose!!!!

And it is suitable for use with the Octo-Z at that point? Breathing performance maintained, etc?

Thanks for your help-

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom