Zeagle 911

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rlayne

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have been out of diving for a while. I have also put on a few pounds. Looking for a new bcd. Found a Zeagle 911 for a really good price and it is in great shape. Would this be a decent bcd to get back into the sport. I know it has a lot of lift. I live in the Midwest and will be diving a lot of quarries for the time being. I have read it would not be the choice for tropical dives. Used Rangers are double the price. So thought it might be a good fit to get back into the water.

I have been out of diving for a while. I have also put on a few pounds. Looking for a new bcd. Found a Zeagle 911 for a really good price and it is in great shape. Would this be a decent bcd to get back into the sport. I know it has a lot of lift. I live in the Midwest and will be diving a lot of quarries for the time being. I have read it would not be the choice for tropical dives. Used Rangers are double the price. So thought it might be a good fit to get back into the water.

And what is your question here?

Well, the question seems obvious, if the b/c is in good condition it will work fine for what you have in mind but the good condition part is critical.

there were some issues with older Zeagle fittings so an inspection should not only include it’s ability to hold air it should include a very serious look at the condition of each connection the the air cell for yellowing and brittleness.

for the money more than $50 to $75 I wouldn’t bother, under $75 and you can salvage some good parts from it like trim weight pouches and the inflator.

you would be better off with a backplate and wing (there I said it) which is so much less bulk and infinitely more adjustable.

Back
Top Bottom