Zeagle 1st stage differences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theiszy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I hope this is ok to post this here (I tried tje regulator forum but didnt jave much luck).

Has anyone in here serviced both the Envoy and the Onyx 1st stages?

I was wondering what was the difference between the onyx and the envoy 1st stages? What makes the onyx a "high performance" reg vs the envoy.
I understand one is a cold water reg and has a different finish, but what is internally different that makes the envoy perform better?
Im only interested in the difference between the 1st stages not the 2nd.

I do own both but haven't serviced the onyx myself yet.

Also does anyone know where I can find the Onyx aervice manual (i have only found the envoy one).

I hope this is ok to post this here (I tried tje regulator forum but didnt jave much luck).

I understand one is a cold water reg and has a different finish, but what is internally different that makes the envoy perform better?

Nothing....except for the colorizing.

The cold water kit will fit all Zeagle regulators, as will the 1st stage rebuild kit.
thumbnail.ashx?src=%2fcontent%2fassets%2f40%2f407759%2fZeagle%2f345-1000.jpg
I love zeagle (regulators).

Zeaglexpress.com is very helpful re questions.

Last edited:

The Envoy doesn't have the (cold water) environmental seal installed. You can move the ES from the black one to the silver one and the black one will have slightly better performance than the silver one, because, except for the black colorization of one, they are identical regulators.

I

What makes the onyx a "high performance" reg vs the envoy.
what is internally different that makes the envoy perform better?.

?????

Thanks for all the information. I thought it may be the case that they were the same, however when I rang one LDS, they had no Idea.

The Envoy doesn't have the (cold water) environmental seal installed. You can move the ES from the black one to the silver one and the black one will have slightly better performance than the silver one, because, except for the black colorization of one, they are identical regulators.

Im not sure what tou ment here, are you saying that they breathe better with the environmental seal?

They both breath equally and minutely better without the seal........until,....they both become gunked up with salt crystlals, vertigris, dingo-dung, and whatever other gunk I can't think of right now

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom