Z90 Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

95yj

Reaction score
Back in 1993, I purchased a "Zeagle" Z90 regulator setup with a large first stage, a black primary second stage and an orange octo. These were purchased from Scuba West in Cleveland. The first stage has no name on it and the second stages just have "Z90" on the purge button. The primary also has an orange airflow adjustment knob. I have always taken them back to Scuba West for service with no problems and parts were free with the "Zeagle" warranty.

I have since moved to Florida and took them to a Zeagle dealer to have them serviced. I was told they are quality regs, but are not Zeagle and that they would have to figure out what parts need to be used, which shouldn't be a problem, but I would have to pay for the parts.

In addition, the owner of Scuba West has sold his shop, so no info is available there. (I haven't been able to contact them yet.)

Does anybody have any information about these regulators? Is there a lifetime warranty on these and if so, through who? Any information anybody can supply about these regulators will be greatly appreciated.

Just got a call back from the tech. working on them. He said Cressi inner workings fit the primary. Also said the first stage has "made in Italy" stamped on it.

If you find out I would sure like to know as well!! I purchased a 2nd stage 2nd hand that is just exactly as you described your Z90, and would love to know where it is from,

Got some pictures?

No pictures, they are getting rebuilt now. I will provide pix when I get them back.

I still use them as my primary regulators when using a single hose regulator.
You will see a lot of equipment from the late 80's early 90's labeled Z-90. everything from regulators to gauges to BCD's. They were supposed to be a somewhat PRIVATE line of equipment sold only through diving retailers. It was a type of buying/marketing group. I'm sure someone else can give more details than I can. I worked at a store/school that sold this line of equipment extensively! The majority of it was made by SAS/Sub Aquatic Systems out of Hermosa Beach Calif.
I am 99% sure that the regulator you are talking about is a SAS labeled Z-90. It is a fantastic regulator and as I said earlier I still use one today. It breathes as well as anything out there if set up correctly. If your repair tech has problems with it send it to me. I've been to the tech school for them and spent a couple of years servicing all three types of the SAS/Z-90 regulator.

Got them back from the service technician. He stated that the 2nd stages used standard low pressure seats like $cubaPro or US Diver. The 1st stage used seats from Cressi or $cubaPro Mark X or V. All the o-rings were standard sizes. He stated that Z90s could be just about anything depending on when they were built. Z90s were made with whatever they could compile fairly inexpensively while still building a good middle of the line pice of equipment.

None of this helps the fact that after I move to the southern Caribbean, it will probably be impossible to get them serviced in any kind of decent timeframe. In addition, I was told that the lifetime parts warranty had to have been something the dive shop was doing for me since there never was such a thing as a Z90 lifetime warranty.

Just some info for anyone who was also wondering what these were. Besides all of this, I still love the way they breathe. Here's pictures in case you were interested: http://www.ralphrussell.net/z90/z90.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom