Question Z90 Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

n1023

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello all. I'm looking for more information on this old Z90 drysuit. I picked it up along with a bunch of other wetsuits in a trade for a 6pack of coors. After looking it up, it seems like Z90 used to be a company that rebranded other brands and sold under their name? Is that right?

Any chance this thing would still be useable (just for fun of course)? I'm about to test it in the pool so I'll let you guys know how that goes.

Attachments

• IMG_20211216_140052.jpg
    IMG_20211216_140052.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20211216_140111.jpg
    IMG_20211216_140111.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20211216_140037.jpg
    IMG_20211216_140037.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 72
It looks in great shape and it has a relief zipper.

If it fits you there is no reason not to use. You can easily add a morn relief valve on the shoulder. You can also add a modern inflator valve, but having an oral inflator is kind of cool. You can add air even if you are just snorkeling.

It is a full neoprene material which has pros and cons. Most divers now prefer the laminate material, but I have used both and they are advantages to both.

Are the seals OK? The neck and wrist seals can be replaced.

Hopefully the material doesn't leak.

Good luck.

A 6 pack of Coors... I am sure there will be someone that is going to say that you paid too much, but I am not a real fan of Coors so I definitely say you might be well ahead. :)

It looks in great shape and it has a relief zipper.

If it fits you there is no reason not to use. You can easily add a morn relief valve on the shoulder. You can also add a modern inflator valve, but having an oral inflator is kind of cool. You can add air even if you are just snorkeling.

It is a full neoprene material which has pros and cons. Most divers now prefer the laminate material, but I have used both and they are advantages to both.

Are the seals OK? The neck and wrist seals can be replaced.

Hopefully the material doesn't leak.

Good luck.

A 6 pack of Coors... I am sure there will be someone that is going to say that you paid too much, but I am not a real fan of Coors so I definitely say you might be well ahead. :)
The seals (and neoprene) actually look and feel great, no tears and still very soft/elastic. I just tried it on and while the length is perfect, I think I need to lose about 30 lbs before I'll fit into it haha!

That's interesting that the valves can be switched out and added though, I never thought of that.

Yup if it had been a sixer of Modelo, I would have had to think a little harder before pulling the trigger.

It does look thin. It is a shame that it doesn't fit you. Does it have a size tag? I wonder what size it was supposed to be. Neoprene will shrink a bit over time, but I think our average size has also gone up.

Adding valves is very easy. You don't have to remove that old infator. It can come in handy.

Well, you need to find someone that it will fit.

Its really weird because the length is meant for someone at least 6ft tall but they've got to be around 150 lbs to fit into it, I'm guessing. Also the foot size seems to be around size 9. Who the heck is over 6ft tall with only a size 9 foot??

I'll probably end up giving it away to anyone who will fit!

Z90 I believe had some lose affiliation with NASDS near the end. Lots of rebranded gear, SAS, Seapro, Penform, and the such.

Back
Top Bottom