YSD2 PROBLEM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
i went out diving today I have one ysd2 using sync cord fresh batteries. Descended to 30m strobe was doing fine. Accent to about 20m, I had taken between 10-20 shots with it and it was firing fine. Thought I heard a pop strobe was dead looked for an imidiate problem (flood, bulb overheated) and nothing. After dive rinsed of like normal, dried off, and opened up battery compartment completely dry, put new batteries in again and nothing.. the strobe is about 5 months and has been on about 60 or so dives with no issues, gets new batteries every day of diving and rinsed thoroughly after every dive and soaked after a day of diving.

Has anyone had this issue? How is sea and sea's warranty? Is there a fuse I can replace?

Look carefully at the bulb. There is one guy on the forum that was burning them out. Pretty obvious in his picture.
My wife just flooded hers. NOT the battery compartment. Some main seal on the body must have given way. It was not obvious at first since it was not a major leak. It just would not work right. A careful inspection could see water in the main compartment.
S&S warranty took care of it via local dealer Optical Oceans.

S&S is very good with warranty issues here in the US. I have had at least 2 blown bulbs and one electronic failure and they have sent new ones each time. One bulb was black the other just had small shards of glass in front compartment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom