YS-D1 Ball mount part number

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aviator8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I recently got another YS-D1 to round out my kit. The first one I got included a ball mount as shown on the left strobe. I prefer this as it is less bulky and shortens the length of the light from top to ball clamp. The new one I got is setup with a combination of the YS mount and a YS to ball adapter. I'd like to replace this to match the one on the left, but cant seem to find one anywhere. It seems they may only be available as a part of a new strobe purchase as it is included in new strobe purchase items list. The closest I can find is and adapter like this but seems to be geared toward a tray handle and the dimension look different.

SEA&SEA| THE UNDERWATER IMAGING COMPANY..

does anyone know the part number of the adapter that comes with a new strobe kit, or does anyone want to part with one that is not being used?

IMG_8480.JPG

I don't believe they are sold separately, we've tried to find this part before.

Jack

Well that sucks. Thanks for that info though. Off to find a different solution.

Get one of their ball mounts for their strobe arms or the one from beneath the sea and bolt it to the strobe.
Bill

alternatively get one of your local grad students to 3D print you one. Put in a helicoil to mount the ball and you will be good to go.
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom